64-bit or 32-bit OS?

64-bit or 32-bit?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of operating system your computer(s) is/are running?

• 64-bit
    • 32-bit

Except things like Flash plugins... :whistle:

I know :( Dont talk to me about it. Anyway, I just came to the conclusion that flash sucks, regardless of the OS, it's always a bloody CPU hog.

I find that the 64-bit versions run much smoother if you have the right amount of RAM. And if you've got products that don't have 32-bit support, then perhaps its time to purchase products from another company that supports their users fully and innovates.

I believe I has a 64 bit OS on a 64 bit CPU. I had to look it up though :blush:

Edit: I also use XP 32 bit on here as well, occasionally.

Running...X64 Vista U..testing with 4 & 8Gb ram...improvements across the board!

X64 VistaU isn't perfect, but MUCH better than X32 VistaU! I was about to dump X32 VistaU (having tested every build from the beginning) & return to XP, WinServer 2008, or greener linux pastures. However, the X64 VistaU is proving to be worth the hassle, while the world catches up. At this point, I don't intend to ever go back to 32bit any OS.

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit. I've only got 2GB of RAM, but a Core 2 Quad and an 8800GT to back it up! :D

Solaris 64bit, its automatically chosen - all drivers in 32bit are available in 64bit :D

Oh, and I have 4GB memory

(Lenovo Thinkpad t61p 6457-C74)

I have one machine running Mac OS X Leopard (64-bit), two machines running Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit), one machine running Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2 (32-bit), and another machine running Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit).