Do You Save Bad Photos?

Useless Photo Storage  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Save Blurry or Out of Focus Photos?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends How Bad

So not all the photos you take are going to be good, but do you save those that are blurry or out of focus?

At the moment, I do, but since starting to shoot in RAW then I have realised they are starting to take up space on my tiny hard drive.

Just wondering what other peoples thoughts are on the matter.

It depends how bad the photo is.

If it's just a grey smudge I will delete it, but everything else gets categorised into two folders: 'Facebook Worthy' and 'Non Facebook Worthy'. :p

Posting pics on Facebook... Why?

What happened to cataloging on PC and sharing it through Flickr to only a few friends than allow every friend on Facebook access your photos?

If the photo is blurry or out of focus, then it's a no-no (N).

But if it's "bad" as in composition and such, I still save it, but I know the day will come when I'll go through all these photos and delete them :D

What happened to cataloging on PC and sharing it through Flickr to only a few friends than allow every friend on Facebook access your photos?

Manage your friends lists for access rights? :p

Anything I put on Facebook Photowise I dont really have a problem sharing.. to be honest

I do more or less delete most of the blurry/out of focus pictures unless they are really worthy..

Most of them I keep which are recognizable later when i saw ....... other i delete them while transferring to PC

i use picasa very good to manage PIC

Usually I keep everything on the camera that I take (unless I run out of room on my memory card), then I'll transfer everything to my laptop, and get rid of most of the terrible ones then. I still have quite a few bad ones on here though, I'm just too lazy to sort them out lol

If I take an out of focus photo it's on purpose since I have an Autofocus motor on my camera lenses. So yeah, I save them.

If I take an out of focus photo it's on purpose since I have an Autofocus motor on my camera lenses. So yeah, I save them.

Autofocus combined with user error can still produce out of focus photos (bad lighting, fast movement, focusing on unwanted point, wrong focus point selection, etc)

Actually If I want 100% precious focus of my critical shots I use a tripod+Life View on LCD+magnification, then manual focus :D

Autofocus can still produce out of focus photos (bad lighting, fast movement, focusing on unwanted point, wrong focus point selection, etc)

Actually If I want 100% precious focus of my critical shots I use a tripod+Life View on LCD+magnification, then manual focus :D

I know, but I was just using that as an excuse for my OCD complex when it comes to perfect photography.

If it's hideously underexposed (completely black) or overexposed (completely white), or *really* out of focus, I delete it. Usually delete it in camera before even downloading to my PC. If its just poor composition or a bad angle or whatever then I keep it - hard drive space is really cheap and who knows, might want stuff...someday.

I only add Facebook friends I know and trust.

I keep most things, and once a month (or so) I'll go through everything and kill any that I don't like.

I actually turned one really blurred photo (accidentally blurred) into something cool while messing with Photoshop - just being blurred doesn't mean it can't be something good.

I don't delete anything. My camera screen is too small to make any decisions like that - so I wait to upload them. Storage is cheap now-days, so I keep everything.

I know I've looked back on stuff I've initially hated, and fell in love with it. Sometimes it just takes a fresh day to realise something :D

I know I've looked back on stuff I've initially hated, and fell in love with it. Sometimes it just takes a fresh day to realise something :D

Exactly (Y). I do the same every once in a while.

I keep everything I take.

Im close to filling a 250GB hard drive with pictures. I need to get a new one shortly, ill probably go with a 500 or 1TB depending on cost.

I will remove the bad photos once I view screen them on the computer, then of course I keep the good photos and convert them from RAW to JPG, sort them as such:

-06 - June

---JPG photos

---RAW photos

For the most part, yes, I keep my images. The ones that don't meet my personal standards of putting on the web, in a portfolio, or even putting my name on are potential money makers in the stock industry. :shiftyninja:

Well, I have decided to delete some of them. Its not like I am ever really going to go through them, so I will delete some of the really bad ones and keep some of the nicer bad ones.

Thanks