There are many great features available to you once you register at Neowin, including:

• Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the front page
  • Access to a great community, with a massive database of experience on hard & software issues, gaming and recreational activities, and more
  • Access to the Neowin IRC - you could make a friend from across the world and talk to them live
  • Access to Neowin contests & subscription offers and forums that are not open to guests/li>
  • It's simple, and FREE! · Register here

Alternative to Premiere Pro CS3?

Ive been using the software now for a long time. And although it does a great job, I find the amount of resources it consumes to be horrendous but my main gripe is that it keeps crashing. On Vista or XP. Also the fact that for a video editing suite it doesn't read hardly any files. If I want the programe to read my videos, I have to convert them to WMV first. So is there a really good alternative out there? Money is no object as I need to edit videos for my job.

• 3 months later...

I'm back doing some more editing and I need an update on this.

I tried sony vegas but It wasnt easy enough for me and it was not as easy to do things I could do in Premiere Pro.

Any other alternatives?

Vegas is one of the easiest video editing programs I have ever used, and I tried a handful before I settled on it. What exactly wasn't easy enough?

Ok heres the thing. In PP I drag an image say, onto the work area. If I want to make it spin, shrink etc I just free transform it using keyframes. Then scale or rotate.

I can't for the life of me, find anything similar in Vegas.