ITALY 13/2 13/2 7/1 7/1 7/1 7/1

FRANCE 15/2 15/2 8/1 17/2 15/2 8/1

HOLLAND 14/1 14/1 12/1 12/1 14/1 12/1

CROATIA 14/1 14/1 12/1 14/1 14/1 14/1

CZECH REP. 18/1 18/1 16/1 18/1 20/1 16/1

GREECE 20/1 33/1 40/1 40/1 33/1 28/1

RUSSIA 20/1 28/1 25/1 25/1 22/1 25/1

who do you think will win?

even tho Germany are favorites i think spain could get in there, torres and fabregas what player

although Portgugal and Ronaldo could be good

I was never good with odds either. I have no idea what odds are better, whether its 13/2 or 20/1.

I am not a gambler as you can see, hehe.

can u also explain what the hell 14/1 means?

It is the odds.

In betting terms, say if you put ?10 on Holland winning at 14/1 (although the odds are a lot lower now), then if Holland win the Euro's then that would return ?140 plus your ?10 stake.

Ah, that makes sense now, Martyn. So if the odds are 100/1 and you win those odds, you get 100 times what you bet, correct?

However, when odds are 11/2 or 9/2, what does the 2 signify, that you will get 11 times your initial bet plus twice what you bet?

Ah, that makes sense now, Martyn. So if the odds are 100/1 and you win those odds, you get 100 times what you bet, correct?

However, when odds are 11/2 or 9/2, what does the 2 signify, that you will get 11 times your initial bet plus twice what you bet?

Yes, correct. 100 times what you bet, and you get your original stake back as well.

Just look at it as fractions. 11/2 is equivalent to 5.5/1. So if you put ?10 on Portugal to win the Euro's at 11/2, then that will return you ?55 profit and your original stak:):)

Who cares? Turkey is out of the group stage so their miraculous run is over. Croatia and the other teams left will not melt down like butter on a hot day against a team like Turkey after being ahead 2-0.

do you have any idea how other teams feel like?

they all know that even though they might be leading, turkey will never give up on the game.

while this gives a huge morale boost to turkey

teams like croatia are shaking under their pillows.

I will bet 150 us dollars on that game for turkey.

return rate should be between 2.5 and 3...

you know why i am doing that?

because i am smart.

also there is nothing called a miracle in footbal

you play as a team. either attacking or defending

and you take advantage of situations.

might have 1 shot and score while the other team takes 20 shots and do not score

this is NOT a miracle.

this is called taking advantage of opportunities.

concentration, team play, talent and football brain...

so turkey's success is nothing close to a miracle.

Its funny when people use the word miracle for things that are unlikely to occur in their eyes.

do you have any idea how other teams feel like?

they all know that even though they might be leading, turkey will never give up on the game.

while this gives a huge morale boost to turkey

teams like croatia are shaking under their pillows.

You just proved my point. Turkey has come back from 2 games and future opponents will not take them lightly when they have a lead against Turkey.

This is the same thing as what happened to Greece. Greece won Euro 2004 because of their 8-1-1 formation and other teams weren't giving them credit but this year, everyone already knows how Greece plays and they have yet to win a game. With Turkey making so much noise about their two come from behind wins, Croatia will not be stupid and they will hold on to their lead.

Besides, if Cech wasn't half drunk during that cross, Turkey would've never tied. Oh, and don't forget your goalie is suspended against Croatia.

<snipped>

Perhaps not a miracle, but luck. A random outcome of events favoring one side. Switzerland can hardly be considered good, while Czech aren't a shadow of their former selves. You got 3 teams left to beat. I would give a 50/50 chance to both Turkey and Croatia (tough match for both teams), but Portugal and Netherlands/Spain (that is, if they're the ones who advance to the semi-finals and then finals) wont rely on luck. They're all amazing teams with world class players playing in the best clubs.

I agree. Turkey and Croatia will be 50/50 merely because Croatia is not consistent in every game. If Turkey gets past Croatia, their run is over.

I beg to differ. You've done nothing but humiliated yourself with absurd claims.

:D

i said turkey would crash czech republic.

that was absurd right?

also i said watch out for arda turan against czech republic.

that was absurt too?

check your vocabluary.

absurd does not mean "correct" .

so just edit your post and say correct claims instead of absurd.

I agree. Turkey and Croatia will be 50/50 merely because Croatia is not consistent in every game. If Turkey gets past Croatia, their run is over.

turkey's run was over even in the qualification groups for euro 2008.

i wonder when will you all be tired of saying their run is over...

ahh i know when.

july 29th.

because we cant get past winning euro 2008 this year now can we? :)

i said turkey would crash czech republic.

that was absurd right?

It sure was when 2 of the 3 goals were scored in last 5 minutes, and until then all you could do was hope for someone in the Czech lineup to make a mistake. Cech did that mistake. Gz to you.

also i said watch out for arda turan against czech republic.

that was absurt too?

Besides scoring the goal he didn't do much.

absurd does not mean "correct" .

I'm not the one claiming a team whose wins were based on luck will win the Euro 2008 tournament, and then afterwards even WC2010.

That statement is absurd and far-fetched.

turkey's run was over even in the qualification groups for euro 2008.

i wonder when will you all be tired of saying their run is over...

Again, absurd claims. Who are you arguing with? Perhaps the turkish media? No one here ever claimed that Turkey can't get past their Eu2008 qualifying groups. Reality check for you perhaps? If you wanna argue something, argue with the right people.

You just proved my point. Turkey has come back from 2 games and future opponents will not take them lightly when they have a lead against Turkey.

This is the same thing as what happened to Greece. Greece won Euro 2004 because of their 8-1-1 formation and other teams weren't giving them credit but this year, everyone already knows how Greece plays and they have yet to win a game. With Turkey making so much noise about their two come from behind wins, Croatia will not be stupid and they will hold on to their lead.

Besides, if Cech wasn't half drunk during that cross, Turkey would've never tied. Oh, and don't forget your goalie is suspended against Croatia.

well our goalkeeper might be off. but whmever replaces him will be a success.

i can see you have no idea about football as you should follow our second goalkeeper played in barcelona for 1 year and was the 1st choice of goalkeeper in wc 2002 where we ended up being the third and he was chosen the best goalkeeper in the tournamkent after kahn. the reason our coach played the other keeper in euro 2008 was his age and he wanted the younger generation to play in this tournament.

the teams undedrstood greece 4 years later i suppose? if it was obvious they played 8-1-1- why didnt anyone stopped them in quarter final or semi final or even in the final? cause they had a teamplay.

they can put 8 people in defence or 8 in the attack its a strategy.. a strategy that paid off.

our strategy is attacking and as u can see with 2 comebacks in 2 games it pays of as well

also for those whom rule out switzerland as a good team.

they are the HOST... hosts always have a greate morale advantage. a morale that the team gives their 100% in each game. this is a major plus.

A

By the way swiss won 2-0 against portugal. and their goal scorers hakan yakin is also turkish. he could not find a place in the starting eleven of turkish team many years ago thats why he chose switzerland...

I never heard of anyone saying Turkey couldn't make it past the qualifying groups, on the other hand, I was expecting them to get past their group. I am also not surprised they got past Group A of the Euro considering from the start that Turkey and Czech were going to battle for second place and that is exactly what happened since Portugal were favorites to win the group.

Now is where my doubts about Turkey kick in because I don't see them going any further than the semi finals, if they get there.

To claim Turkey is going to win the World Cup is like stating that Andorra will win the Euro in 2012.

By the way swiss won 2-0 against portugal. and their goal scorers hakan yakin is also turkish. he could not find a place in the starting eleven of turkish team many years ago thats why he chose switzerland...

Yea, they won 2-0 against a Portuguese team playing with 8 substitutes...what a great victory. If anything, that shows that Swiss is better than Turkey in any given day because Turkey couldn't get past Portugal and Switzerland did, if you want to look at it that way.

Those are very bold statements about Hakan Yakin and that shows how nescient you are for making such a claim.

It sure was when 2 of the 3 goals were scored in last 5 minutes, and until then all you could do was hope for someone in the Czech lineup to make a mistake. Cech did that mistake. Gz to you.

Besides scoring the goal he didn't do much.

I'm not the one claiming a team whose wins were based on luck will win the Euro 2008 tournament, and then afterwards even WC2010.

That statement is absurd and far-fetched.

Again, absurd claims. Who are you arguing with? Perhaps the turkish media? No one here ever claimed that Turkey can't get past their Eu2008 qualifying groups. Reality check for you perhaps? If you wanna argue something, argue with the right people.

ok first of all write a letter to fifa and tell them soccer games should be 85 minutes from now on.

it does not matter if the goals came in the last 5 mins. it was within the range, boundary, official time of the game.

by the way football is played for 90 minutes.

45 mins for first half

and 45 mins for second half.

there are no rules saying u can not score goals in the last minutes of the game because it will be unfair for oppositions.

Also i do not recall anyone in turkish national team went up to cech and cried saying.. "cech please make a mistake so we can score. we beg you"

if there were no mistakes in football there would be no goals. even a fantastic goal from a 40 yard is a mistake by keeper because you can ask why he did not stand in a better angle.

messi's goal against getafe (one of the best goals of the century) was a mistake by getafe defenders. how can 6 people not stop him? mistakes are a natural part of this sports.. but if you do not want these mistakes to happen again write a letter to fifa and say mistakes should be called as fouls. so if cech makes a mistake they refree will award a freekick for cech.

loosers always cry.

off to dinner.

I never heard of anyone saying Turkey couldn't make it past the qualifying groups, on the other hand, I was expecting them to get past their group. I am also not surprised they got past Group A of the Euro considering from the start that Turkey and Czech were going to battle for second place and that is exactly what happened since Portugal were favorites to win the group.

Now is where my doubts about Turkey kick in because I don't see them going any further than the semi finals, if they get there.

To claim Turkey is going to win the World Cup is like stating that Andorra will win the Euro in 2012.

Yea, they won 2-0 against a Portuguese team playing with 8 substitutes...what a great victory. If anything, that shows that Swiss is better than Turkey in any given day because Turkey couldn't get past Portugal and Switzerland did, if you want to look at it that way.

Those are very bold statements about Hakan Yakin and that shows how nescient you are for making such a claim.

hakan yakin

eren derdiyok

gokhan inler of switzerland

all have turkish parents.

but they live in switzerland.

hakan yakin wanted to play in the turkish national team but could not find a place for himself in the team. before the tournament he asked blessings to his mother saying if he can play against turkey and would it be alright.

gokhan inler should have played in turkey but what a big mistake by turkish officials. they could not see him being a great player and never invited him to the national team. the guy told turkish television live after swiss turkey game that he had a huge turkish flag in his bedroom.

ok well also andorra is not in europe. but turkey is in this world.

any competitor in the world cup has a chance of winning the competition.

also i wonder if andorran ambassadors wrote a letter to European Union for their inclusion to europe.

anyone recall it?

i dont.

In that case, your days are numbered...

ever heard of a number called 36500?

its 100 years times..

meaning 365 ( a day in a year ) times 100

yeah

my days are numbered.

and this is my number.