I'm no Nazi, says mom of 7-year-old with swastika

I've got a good luck charm covered in swastikas.

And the charm has nothing to do with Hinduism (because the Swastika isn't just related to Hinduism)

"swastika == nazi" is quite simplistic, which I suppose is why the thought is so popular, black and white, no middle ground or thinking required.

I'm quite confused as to the whole Scottish = Swastika link that she's claiming.

I'm from Scotland and I can't say we ever associated with the symbol in any of it's forms in the general society.

^ I agree, I am sorry I wan't trying to start anything like that. I was just saying that before anyone does.

I understand. I shouldn't have started by replying back to that.

But, the Swastika used to be a prominant symbol in America before the 1930's. One way we could seperate the general swastika from the Nazis is to stop calling it a "nazi-symbol", and to instruct those who don't know the history of the swastika.

There is a history of swastikas in celtic countries, maybe that's what she meant by her Scottish heritage. I'm not exactly sure what countries are considered under the celtic culture, but maybe that's what she meant.

the difference between Hindu Swastika and Nazi Reverse Swastika

post-44892-1213252656.png

post-44892-1213252662.png

I can't believe that people think that these two images are the same :laugh: there is a huge difference between the Hindu Swastika and the Nazi Swastika, one is related to religion and the other one to the evil nazis. If people think they are the same, then you don't know wtf you are talking about it.

Disgusting discrimination against this poor woman. No need to say more.

Well, I will not called discrimination. I will call it "policies" to follow, if she did not know about the school policy in this kind of incident then is her fault.

Now just imagine if she found a Natzi flag in her grandpa's things and decided to hang it on the wall. (Inside joke from another thread) :laugh:

Wearing a swastika shows how the woman is proud of her Scottish heritage!? I think she needs to read up on the history behind Swastikas...

It was derived from Hinduism and used to symbolize a disgusting, horrific fascist movement.

Why is she drawing on her daughter anyways? She can get a poster board for that...

It didn't originate in Hinduism specifically, the swastika has been part of every culture, you'll see it in Ancient Greece, slavic countries, China, medieval europe...

She's saying she's proud of 'white culture' meaning european-derived culture, but she's got to know the only reason why 'white pride' is connected to the Swastika is because 'white pride' was used by neo-nazis. There's no way she didn't make that connection. Although I don't necessarily think she's dangerous either, a lot of people have weird or stupid opinions but pose no danger.

I don't know how a swastika has anything to do with Scottish heritage... But if she drew it on her child's arm then that would be a lot worse than if the child drew it, as the child probably wouldn't know much about Nazi's.

I think taking the children out of her hands is a bit extreme... Some other punishment, yes maybe.

What is all this it is a Hindu symbol stuff, it was used by Native Americans, people all over Europe including a prince of my country Oleg, as well as being a Hindu symbol. The Swastika is a simple repeating pattern that was used in basket-weaving thousands upon thousands of years ago and then was adopted by several cultures. I know in Russia it is used on many coats of arms of royal families.

does it matter if someone is racist?? everyone is always going on about freedom of speech/freedom of expression but when its something they dont agree with its all "wha wha wha take away there freedom of speech!1!!1!!!"

people should be allowed to say what they like and not be judged... Just because you dont like what they have to say doesnt mean its wrong.

Not everyone in the world associates the symbol with Nazism. The symbol is actually thousands of years old and it's still a religious symbol in parts of the world. The original symbol is different than the Nazi one.

Go to a large city and take a poll. Ask what The Swastika Symbolizes and see how many say it is a religious symbol?

Having memorials has nothing to do with living in the past or present. Memorials are in place to honor the people involved which died for their country. But people act like idiots when someone brings up swastika....Why do people make such a big deal out of it? Yes many innocent people died but really, that still happens every day. Innocent Iraqi's die all the time because of the Americans but nobody thinks to even mention it. But of course when something bad happens to the Jews they all scream murder and all of a sudden it becomes international news! Where the **** is the justice? Killing millions of Jews was a horrible thing that happened but so what? MANY innocent people still die today so why should the Nazi genocide be any different than this?

you saved my some time :) ... I totally agree with you,

but maybe there is some a simple reason... does any Iraqi own anything in the US media ? ...

it's all about the media which is where people learn about this stuff this days...

From Hinduism, it means good luck. We have 2 on the cement outside of our door so good luck is in the house.

If you tilt it to the right 45 degrees, then its the Disgusting symbol that is stood for hitlers movement and all that nonsense.

Thank you.

Cheers.

A bit ironic person named "Sikh" has hindu symbols on his house? ;) :p

:laugh:

There are a lot of different swastikas, and they all have different meanings. As far as I know there are more than 20 different swastikas... Maybe many more, but i am not up to counting them. I have a book, in a foreign language which explains what each swastika means.