Is anybody actually happy

Are you happy with your PS3?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with your PS3 purchase?

• Yes indeedy
    • Not really
    • I'm undecided at the moment

It seems many people here are not happy with the PS3, so I thought I would just find out how many are happy with it and how many are not.

Please, no flame baiting! I'm simply looking for a yes/no answer, if you feel like explaining why then please do!

I'll start by saying I am indeed happy with my PS3. It's not perfect, but what is?

Edited by popisdead uk

Well i didnt get much time with mine but i found it a lot more pleasurable experience than my old Xbox 360. I have a few minor quibbles but i dont regret spending the money.

Just thought, this poll is going to be majorly skewed, everyone who has a 360 and hates sony is going to click no.

More than likely, and they won't give any reasons to why they say it's a waste of money. Sad really. :(

I'm happy with it.

But to be honest, at the moment Metal Gear Solid 4 is the only 'proper' PS3 game out there right now. Everything else is either not an exclusive or just not a fun game. And there isn't a whole lot happening in the near future when it comes to PS3 exclusives.

Developers need to pull their fingers out and get some more exclusive games out.

I'm very happy with my PS3! (Although... it didn't work once and I needed to sent it to Sony : after 10 weeks I got it back!) :)

I am not what you'd call "Happy" with it nor is it the worst thing I've bought.

So would be great with a middle ground option in the poll.

I've edited it, just for you. :D

If i couldn't really afford it but still got it anyway i would probably be quite unhappy with it because at the moment i still think it is a waste of money compared to the 360. If i got a PS3 instead of a 360 when the PS3 was first released then i would probably be happy with it because i wouldn't have had the 360 experience. That sounded like a fanboy comment, i'm no fanboy. Both consoles have their pros and cons.

As i could afford the PS3. At the moment i'm kind of happy with it. However i'm still wondering when the PS3 exclusive games are coming. The ones that will shift consoles. MGS4 did it, i don't think LBP will do it, seems like another unique game that will be overlooked because it is trying something new.

Yes.

I go in with the mindset to any product that if I buy it and keep it, im happy with it enough to well, be "happy".

That doesn't mean clear cut "over the moon" happy, but I do not keep products I do not want.

Why would I? :/

I can give you a handful of positives about my PS3, and also a handful of negatives - Anyone who can't do that, "shouldn't" own the product on the theory of "Why the hell do you own something you don't want?". People in the other category of there is "no" negatives have their head up their ass, or should I say Sonys.

Ok you may need to own a scrap heap of a car you don't really want (financial constraints), you want a better one, but we're talking about an entertainment device (or games console) which is totally optional in your life. If you spend more time online/offline whining about it, sell the thing and get some cash to go and buy something that you will enjoy more.

Nothing peeves me off more than someone owning an optional product which cost them money, and then they go and spend everyday telling us how they hate the damn thing.

The only beef I ever have is with people who are balanced considerably more negatively than positively - Show a little bit of love as well for your devices :p If you can't do that, then really ask yourself why the heck you own it. It just makes for distasteful reading in these forums at times when a lot of the posts in a topic are negative - When no, they don't really need to be.

That's not to say you can't be balanced and tell people about what you dislike as well, but I think some of you know exactly what I mean with what I've written.

Edited by Audioboxer

If i couldn't really afford it but still got it anyway i would probably be quite unhappy with it because at the moment i still think it is a waste of money compared to the 360. If i got a PS3 instead of a 360 when the PS3 was first released then i would probably be happy with it because i wouldn't have had the 360 experience. That sounded like a fanboy comment, i'm no fanboy. Both consoles have their pros and cons.

As i could afford the PS3. At the moment i'm kind of happy with it. However i'm still wondering when the PS3 exclusive games are coming. The ones that will shift consoles. MGS4 did it, i don't think LBP will do it, seems like another unique game that will be overlooked because it is trying something new.

That's fine mate. I understand why people make comparisons to the 360. I have both a 360 and a PS3 but I don't compare them like many do. I use them for what they are best at. The 360 does things better than the PS3 and vice versa. I buy some games for my 360, and some for my PS3 - but I use my PS3 for alot more than just a gaming machine. For this reason the PS3 is the best console on the market.

Owning both console in my opinion is the best solution, but out of the two I have been most disappointed with the 360; main reason being the RROD, then there is the disc scratching and noise levels. In actual fact a huge gripe I have with the 360 (other than the hardware issues) is the dashboard. I think its slow, clunky and damn ugly. I expected much more from Microsoft seeing as they are the masters of software (self acclaimed).

I'm very happy with it. Whenever I need to waste some time or relieve some stress I start it up and play for 10-15 minutes and then turn it back off.

But once MGS4 arrives I'll be back to play 4-5 hours a day. ;)

Yes and no.

If the PS3 was the only console I owned I'd be very unhappy and possibly jumped ship quite some time ago. Did the same thing with the Wii. If you don't perform, I wave bye bye :)

The 'worst thing I've ever bought' total keeps rising, but still nobody posts with a reason why. Why?

Because anyone and their dog can vote.

When all the topics get rated 1 star, no one exactly leaves a message at the end of topic saying "I rated your post 1 star".

Plus why didn't you just add "No".

Someone can be unhappy with their purchase, but that doesn't mean it's the worst purchase they've ever made.

I'm satisfied with the PS3 as I purchased it primarily as a media player. I don't really intend to game on it much if at all. I play games on my 360 and watch movies and all other sorts of media on my PS3.

So yeah I'm happy with it as a media device.

To people saying that they have played it more than their PC/360, can i ask playing what???

I only use my PS3 for Tekken Online(seldom) and this weekend im planning on playing MGS 4, i have rented and borrowed some games for it (Resistance 1, uncharted, Unreal 3) but none of them were really good enough to justify me buying them.

I'm looking forward to LBP, Wipeout HD and Gran Turismo 5, other than that, i don't think there are a lot of triple A titles coming in, I'm still gonna try Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2 and other Sony exclusive games but I'm not expecting mind blowing experiences with them....

Personally, i don't really do a lot of play time with the PS3, i can go weeks without touching it, there really is no game that keeps me coming back to it, hopefully Metal Gear Online, GT 5 and Wipeout will change that.

I don't even use it as a media player as i have a PC in my living room, if you don't then i see how you could be happy with your PS3 based only on that.

So RIGHT this moment i am NOT happy with my PS3, but im sure as hell will be this weekend while i play MGS 4 and in the future while playing GT5/Wipeout and if they ever release the ICO/Shadow of the colossus sequel :D