PS3 Update 2.4 Out Now! - Tutorial videos Inside

By the way guys, SSHD actually already supports custom sound tracks.

Go into options, audio options, then edit custom soundtrack.

You can select one track for repeat, or a playlist to play through a list of tracks (Y)

Of course it will be better when everything runs through the XMB, but at least for now you trophy ###### can put your own music on whilst replaying it ;)

the custom soundtrack in SSHD was not part of FW 2.4, it was part of the original one.

same goes for pain and F@H (to a point)

it will just a lot nicer once they support the XMB in-game music player tho

Just finished downloading and installing the update for SSHD! Now that was only about, what? 2 hours? :laugh: That did include 3 connection errors meaning I had to start the download again though, so probably about 1hr20 mins in total for the update I reckon. :)

By the way for anyone wondering why Pixel Junk Monsters works with custom music in post 1, but it won't work with your copy it's because it's running on a dev kit firmware. The dev kit forces music on with every title albeit inefficiently (in the example video, PJM music audio had to be muted manually). But every game would work with custom audio, even MGS4, as an actual dev accidently told all of NeoGAF MGS4 worked with custom music, then had to backtrack when he realised it was due to the dev firmware, not because MGS4 was patched.

He said running your own song, mixed with the ipod, made for some funky mixes :p

This can't go in the official firmware due to the MS patent - http://www.ripten.com/2008/03/31/microsoft...om-soundtracks/

For Sony to dodge the patent, each game has to be patched individually, or as new games will be, developed to allow custom soundtracks. Having an override "switch" like in the Dev firmware, would infringe on the patent if put into the public firmware.

Horribly inefficient for Sony, but it can't be changed and all future games should be fine if we don't have lazy developers.

Sony can mandate trophy support, but I dunno if they could do that with custom music. We'll see (Y)

Edited by Audioboxer

DAMN SSHD!

Want to get my first gold trophy, but that bloody 10x multiplayer is driving me nuts.

Keep getting up to 7x/8x.

Today is another day I'm proud to be a PS3 owner. :D

Downloaded/installed the update on my 40 GB model this morning, all is well. I hope Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds gets patched soon, *sigh*, I just finished unlocking everyone so I'll have to do it all again. That's fine, just means I'm getting my money's worth. :laugh:

DAMN SSHD!

Want to get my first gold trophy, but that bloody 10x multiplayer is driving me nuts.

i think the 15 bomb trophy on bomber is even worse. -_-

i think the 15 bomb trophy on bomber is even worse. -_-

I don't have the expansion pack :p

DAMN SSHD!

I know the feeling, I have reached 7x/8x a few times now, but not 10! :laugh:

Also I might of slightly 'cheated' here by just loading up a level and zooming around for a minute to try and get the "45 seconds without shooting" trophy, but it didn't work lol. :p

Also I might of slightly 'cheated' here by just loading up a level and zooming around for a minute to try and get the "45 seconds without shooting" trophy, but it didn't work lol. :p

you gotta do that on the survival mode, which is part of the solo add-on pack. would be too easy if it was just on the regular arcade mode. :p

you gotta do that on the survival mode, which is part of the solo add-on pack. would be too easy if it was just on the regular arcade mode. :p

Ah well that explains everything! :rofl:

Thanks. (Y)

I'll save my opinion on the xmb stuff and trophies for when a few games take advantage of them. However, I'm just glad this update seems to have improved the speed/response times of media streaming.

I think it's also let me play some Xvid's via stream that it couldn't before the update.

The in-game XMB is for PS3 games only?not during BD or PS2 playback. There's no voice-messaging or private chat, just texting. Only music on the HDD can be used for custom soundtracks, and only if the game supports it. Trophies aren't retroactive unfortunately, so you've gotta earn 'em again. And there's no cross-game invites.

Please discuss topics respectfully. Attempts to bait others into flamewars will not be tolerated. The use of "fanboy" (or any similar derogatory term) when used against a specific member or group of members will be considered flame-bait and/or a personal attack. You also may not join a discussion for the purpose of destroying it by making lame and unhelpful comments. Such people will be dealt with accordingly. In summary, no flamebaiting, no trolling and no personal attacks.

Radish?