PS3 Update 2.4 Out Now! - Tutorial videos Inside

Yeah, 2nd time round it worked fine.

Also remember, if you are using a custom theme the icons for the news entries on the XMB will be question marks.

It's downloaded in 2 minutes!! Have they upgraded their servers?

It took me more than 20 minutes, that's not fair :(

Anyway, it's a very nice update with many great new features. And I can't say that it has disappointed :D

My update must of been 5-7 minutes.

Like with 2.36, the download bar went to about 50% then straight to completed for some reason :p

I hooked my PS3 up wired yesterday in preparation for this. Had to run a 30m ethernet cable around my room, into the loft, through a hole leading to downstairs and into the router :p Good times (Y)

So far SSHD hasn't restarted anything.

It took me back to the XMB to download the update, but that's not restarting. Unless you guys meant the game restarting, but I was under the impression you meant the console :p

I don't own the SSHD addon, but I'll get all the trophies I can for now!

Hope MGS4/GTA4 are patched soon. Probably wait months for R* to patch GTA :|

Mine was wireless and still flew down!!

Super Stardust just made the PS3 beep 3 times and reboot. 2nd time round it worked just fine and the update flew down as well!!!!

I'm really impressed so far. Yes the trophy support hasn't got off the ground yet, but you really can see where it's going. What games support trophies now then other that SSHD?

Still no reboot on SSHD for me, update at 92%.

By the way, supposedly the Store has seen some sort of graphical update (can't check myself just now).

I just downloaded SSHD, and then had to download a 255MB update for it.

Problem is, I'm getting no sound from the game at all?!?!?

I'm an idiot. Somehow the input on the amp had changed. lol

Edited by DARKFiB3R

Still no reboot on SSHD for me, update at 92%.

By the way, supposedly the Store has seen some sort of graphical update (can't check myself just now).

Store looks the same to me... You'll be fine with SSHD now. It rebooted on me before the patch started to install.

I just downloaded SSHD, and then had to download a 255MB update for it.

Problem is, I'm getting no sound from the game at all?!?!?

Mmmm... I've just been playing it and it's fine? You get sound on other games/XMB?

I could care less about in game XMB to be truthful, the big updates for me was the upscaling introduced in 1.80(?), as I use my PC to arrange games with friends. I don't think sony ever actually wanted to implement stuff like trophies and were pushed to because of user demand.

You can press square in the store to change to a list view.

Games auto install straight from the download.

Not sure if any of that is new

I could care less about in game XMB to be truthful, the big updates for me was the upscaling introduced in 1.80(?), as I use my PC to arrange games with friends. I don't think sony ever actually wanted to implement stuff like trophies and were pushed to because of user demand.

Trophies were planned in Home since Home was first unveiled back at GDC07 was it?

Maybe 2D trophies weren't always planned, but due to how often Home was getting knocked back it made sense to give us 2D trophies instead of keeping waiting. I think they would have came anyway seeing as Sony said they'll be keeping Home optional.

You can press square in the store to change to a list view.

Games auto install straight from the download.

Not sure if any of that is new

They've always done that as long as you leave the download screen up.

If you background download you need to install yourself.

Trophies were planned in Home since Home was first unveiled back at GDC07 was it?

Maybe 2D trophies weren't always planned, but due to how often Home was getting knocked back it made sense to give us 2D trophies instead of keeping waiting. I think they would have came anyway seeing as Sony said they'll be keeping Home optional.

[sarcasm]Audio, we need screenshots, links and a signed letter from kuturagi as proof of these wild claims [/sarcasm]

Just my opinion, but I always thought achievements, and now trophies are a bit of a lame way of making you grind out games.

Once home is introduced I think trophies will come into their own far better.

I forgot how hard SSHD can get :|

Just a bit rusty, not played it in a while haha.

I wonder if store sales will spike due to the trophy ###### all wanting trophies :laugh:

I forgot how hard SSHD can get :|

Just a bit rusty, not played it in a while haha.

I wonder if store sales will spike due to the trophy ###### all wanting trophies :laugh:

does SSHD need updating via the store or does it auto download? Mine is still the release version as I've barely played it lol

does SSHD need updating via the store or does it auto download? Mine is still the release version as I've barely played it lol

Auto-downloads when you load it up!

What bugs mate?

just general stuff, like the GTA crash on 60gb NTSC units, just off the top of my head.

I just like to see what stuff gets fixed too, is there any change in XMb performance etc.

Yay, first trophy!

I forgot how much fun SSHD was!

Rock Crusher on 200% = :woot:

just general stuff, like the GTA crash on 60gb NTSC units, just off the top of my head.

I just like to see what stuff gets fixed too, is there any change in XMb performance etc.

Rockstar issued a new patch for GTA4 freezes.

Store has been updated graphically and supposedly the scroll glitch fixed.

Yay, first trophy!

I forgot how much fun SSHD was!

Rock Crusher on 200% = :woot:

And here comes the E-Penis :p

wonder if we'll get a method of viewing trphies via our browsers and have sigs similar to another service, I forget its name... sieve?

Rockstar issued a new patch for GTA4 freezes.

Store has been updated graphically and supposedly the scroll glitch fixed.

cool!

Can someone please give me a link to the UK update on the Sony servers? (I am trying to update via my PS3, but my internet has been slow/flaky lately and I am having some trouble doing updating it at the moment)

Not sure if posted but here is a change log again -

he latest System Software Update is now ready for download for the PLAYSTATION 3. Here are the details of what this firmware accomplishes:

* Displaying the XMB? screen during gameplay

You can now access the XMB? screen while playing PLAYSTATION?3 format software.

* Searching the Internet from the XMB? screen

You can now perform an Internet search directly from the XMB? screen.

Other new or revised features in version 2.40 after the jump:

Overall

* You can now see the system clock on the XMB? screen. The date and time that were set under [settings] > [Date and Time] are displayed.

* When using a keyboard, you can now clear the entire text entry field at once.

* The Users icon is now displayed when you press the PS button for an operation that cannot be performed.

Users

* You can now turn off the PS3? system from the XMB? screen using the [Turn Off System] option.

Settings

* You can now set the PS3? system to turn off automatically after updating the system software.

* [Reassign Controllers] and [Controller Vibration Function] have been added as options under [Accessory Settings].

Photo

* You can now print images from a playlist.

* You can now sort items that are grouped in a folder by month or year using the

[Film Date date down] or [Film Date date up] options.

Music

* You can now use a mini-size control panel while playing music.

* You can now play music content encoded in MP3 Surround format.*

* MP3 Surround can only be used when playing music content in Linear PCM format.

Video

* You can now use the [Frame Noise Reduction] and [block Noise Reduction] settings for video content that is saved on the hard disk or storage media.

* You can now play upscaled video content that is saved on the hard disk or storage media. When the video content is played, it is upscaled automatically to match the screen size.

* Upscaling of Blu-ray Disc (BDAV) video content is now supported.

* For DTS playback on DVD-Video and Blu-ray Disc media, DTS-ES and DTS 96/24 for DVD-Video and DTS-ES Matrix for Blu-ray Discs are now supported.*

* ?DTS? is a trademark of DTS Inc.

Game

* The procedure for quitting PLAYSTATION?3 format software has been changed.

* You can now collect trophies in games that support the trophy feature.

Network

* [search] has been added as an option in the browse mode menu of the Internet browser.

Friends

* The number of Friends who can be added to a Friends list has been increased from 50 to 100.

* The [information] screen has been redesigned and renamed as [Profile].

Source