Why two cameras ?

At some events i have seen people wondering around with 2 DSLR's... why ? changing lenses doesn't take that long, well i dont think so anyways...

Do you have 2 cameras ? if so why do you have them both out at same time ?

At my wedding the photog was running around with a D200 and a D300, I was too busy to see what he was shooting lens wise with on each of them but from what I could tell he was using one for more casual shots and one for more posed shots.

At some events i have seen people wondering around with 2 DSLR's... why ? changing lenses doesn't take that long, well i dont think so anyways...

Do you have 2 cameras ? if so why do you have them both out at same time ?

so you can quickly switch and not "miss" a shot

When you change your lens, you also need to change your camera settings. - If you're shooting manual, which you should be.

So yeah, it takes long enough to warrant two, I'd rather have the expense and ease of two bodies, and still manage to capture that single moment, than have 1, and miss it

I dont have 2 but 5 :p

1 DSLR

1 SLR

1 Range Finder

1 medium format

1 Polaroid

Every camera serve a different purpose or its just for convenience. Having 2 dslr's at hand its faster and more comfortable than switching lenses.

You're giving lots of time for dust to get inside your camera if you're changing lenses constantly. Also, where you are you going to store your other lens when you're not using it? In a camera bag, right? Well you may as well tote around another camera instead of a bag. And what happens if one of your cameras breaks? Well you got a back up. The list goes on.

Put a walkaround (17-55) on one body and a telephoto on the other (70-200). Don't want to miss shots.

Also for backup. Having a body fail or die on that one important day is baaad.

Put a walkaround (17-55) on one body and a telephoto on the other (70-200). Don't want to miss shots.

Also for backup. Having a body fail or die on that one important day is baaad.

We have a winner here!

i see, okies :p i was just wondering, because during the bike race i went too a while ago i was changing lenses in my bag, old one off, cap on, (camera sensor facing floor) cap off new lens and then attach, ready!

Here is another queston... would you say, get two 400D's or 400D and then a model up ?

i see, okies :p i was just wondering, because during the bike race i went too a while ago i was changing lenses in my bag, old one off, cap on, (camera sensor facing floor) cap off new lens and then attach, ready!

Here is another queston... would you say, get two 400D's or 400D and then a model up ?

Depends on the application of photography. Sports? Weddings? Studio? Consider lens as well.

I'll put it this way:

If you can afford only one body, you will also afford to miss shots that will never repeat themselves while you spent the 10 seconds switching out a lens. In 10 seconds, a lot of things can happen. The more you learn to see what IS happening, the more you will realize how much you've missed in 10 seconds. This is usually achieved by not having to worry about switching lens :) When you become good enough or you're rich as hell, you'll shoot with 2+ SLRs because you can afford to.

I usually shoot a 5D with 24-105mm + 40D with 70-200mm and 1.4x extender. I started with just a 400D and a kit lens. Man, did I miss a TON of shots! Even with two SLRs, you will still miss shots. You'll just miss a hell of a lot less :)

bahaha. That picture gets trotted out for this kind of stuff, I've seen it quite a few times before...but it's always funny ;P

Additionally, one of the bodies can be converted to infrared (thus making it impossible for it to shot normal, color photos)

just as giga stated earlier, put a wide on one body and put a tele on the other and u get ur self two prospective at any time, and plus shooting weddings needs a backup body. sometimes i do 14-24 on d3, 24-70 on 5d and 70-200 on 1d3 or 35 on 5d, 50 on d3 and 85 on 1d3