Show us your workstations!

I used to use 2 x 17" screens. at the time, I was doing Vbulletin forum editing, and I needed the extra space. but now I'm just on a single 20"

i had dual screens, love it... and from being a manager of a pc store, it's quite useful to have. I'm still negotiating (w/ wife) on getting a second one for home. I just need to justify the money.. lol

I used to run a 19" next to my main 24". The damn thing did nothing but display Windows Media Player all day.

It was the 930BF .. world fastest LCD at the time .. such a waste. Sold it for a bargain price a month later to my sister who needed it waaay more.

Been on single display ever since

So whats with everybody thinking they need two large lcds? Unless your a programmer I just don't see the point. I would imagine watching movies or anything else with a thick gap down the middle would be pretty annoying.

its certainly helpful when you need to look at as much information at one time as possible.

So whats with everybody thinking they need two large lcds? Unless your a programmer I just don't see the point. I would imagine watching movies or anything else with a thick gap down the middle would be pretty annoying.

I had dual screens for a long time, very useful when running virtual machines, studying for certs, working from home, etc... Now I just have the one 26" LCD, but if not for that I would still have duals.

Once you go dual screen, you never go back.

I usually have my browser on one screen and a movie playing on the other one.

What I do on my single 17" 5:4 LCD is put Media Player Classic as "Always on Top" and open up a browser in the background :p

yea, i couldnt go back to one monitor. I get things done so much quicker with this. Especially when I got things where I have to read off one screen and do the tasks on the other screen, like alot of uni work. Or coding, being able to have like 4 windows open side by side etc.

Having to switch from one window to the other and constantly losing where your up to in reading, trying to find the same position is a massive waste of time.

I need to get another 20" though, I hate the MB's 13" screen.

I don't know what kind of specs you're looking for, but I got my 20.1" WSXGA+ BenQ for $174 from Newegg with free shipping and am very satisfied with the image.

Something that looks good for my PS3. It seemed impressive to me.

Here is my new setup. One screen is my MBP and the other is my PC which the specs are in my signature. I can swap between my Mac and my XB with the screen's buttons pretty easily.

Overall shot.

desk.jpg

My windows comp

APlus.jpg

MacBook Pro (might be in a different spot later since I am taking it in tomorrow to have the screen fixed... hopefully)

MBP.jpg

XBox 360 and games.

xbox.jpg

And if you don't like it, just remember...

note.jpg

Good luck in finding out my identity :shiftyninja:

This isn't a good time L, log on later for our weekly MSN thinkfest.