[NHL]Free Agent Frenzy

List of FA signings:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11353&am...topRelated_main

What do you guys think of Vancouver offering Mats Sundin a 2-year $20 million contract ($10 million/year); making him the highest played NHL player ever.

IMO, I think he deserves it; he's been my "favourite" player for over 6 years and I still think he is one of the most consistent and most clutch players in the game. I do think Sundin would be a great fit in Vancouver with abit of line shuffling.

He could centre the Sedins, or have his own 1st line with (resigned hopefully) Markus Naslund, and perhaps a good wing player on the side like speedy Mason Raymond.

Sundin FTW! I hope he accepts the contract.

I sure hope that Toronto does NOT match that offer. I mean I like Sundin and all that, but he isn't the direction that our team needs to go in. Toronto needs to start losing in order to have a chance of winning.

Apparently the Leafs have thrown $12 million at free agent Niklas Hagman over four years and $15 million on Jeff Finger (who?) over four years. They also brought Curtis Joseph back in spite of him being 41 years old.

Clearly they don't seem to understand the concept of rebuilding. The deal that, ironically, might make the most sense is CuJo because at least that is for a one year deal. I assume this is because they want to season Justin Pogge in the minors for another year.

$15 million on Jeff Finger (who?) over four years.

Yeah...a completely reasonable deal...I mean...he's almost thirty and has only played one full season in the league. :|

Yeah...a completely reasonable deal...I mean...he's almost thirty and has only played one full season in the league. :|

He was also a healthy scratch for 5 out of the 10 Colorado playoff games.

Yeah, Leafs just threw out money and the only sense making signing was Cujo. They should've chased Hossa or Rolston and they lost Darcy Tucker. Say goodbye to the Leafs again.

I've been a huge Sundin fan all my life, and all I can say is if he doesn't accept Vancouver's offer he is a idiot. If he comes over here I can guarantee a deep playoff berth.

Im not over exited about Colorado's free agent signings tbh. Raycroft and Tucker?? Hmmm. Chicago and Phoenix did well in the west as well so it looks like it will be a much tighter season on the west this season.

so what are the pens going to have next year.... crosby, fluery lmfao?

Everyone they had but Hossa, Malone and Laraque. They also added Satan and Fedotenko. Nice to see them Lock up Fluery and Malkin to long terms. I also hope that Pittsburgh does not sign Jagr.

As for Mats, I heard that 10 Million of the 20 was a signing bonus. I also can't believe Hossa turned down 9 years 81 Million from Edmonton. When it comes to the Leafs, Finger was a wtf signing. Cujo makes sense. Hagman will bring some need scoring. Tampa looks like it may be a team to watch out for. Especially is Stamkos cracks the lineup this season. Didn't expect to see Naslund got to New York.

We have Naslund :D. I'd love to see Naslund and Sundin in New York, a pair of old Swedish guys, finishing out their careers with a Cup.

naslund is never going to win anything...

and the leafs are stupid... finger for that much? and columbus why are you throwing money at commodore?

habs gotta hurry up and sign someone big

I can't believe they would sign him. What is Sutter thinking? I lost a lot of respect for his hockey knowledge from this move.

Sutter has worked with him before, and likes him I guess...Also Jarome Iginla seems to really like Todd. Seems to be mostly Iginla's fault. "It was 4 years ago, he deserves a second chance". Pretty much a quote from the Calgary Sun Newspaper.

Hmm interesting.

Anyways the Canucks sign Pavol Demitra to a 2 year deal worth $8 million reportedly :D

Naslund was done in Vancouver though, he needed a change of scenery.

I'm glad to have Demitra, he has more scoring ability than Naslund, but probably less leadership.

Naslund was done in Vancouver though, he needed a change of scenery.

I'm glad to have Demitra, he has more scoring ability than Naslund, but probably less leadership.

I'm not so sure. Naslund was still one of the few players who was still scoring, and I think Demitra has dried out. But for $4 million a year there's not much on the market either.

I personally think that both Naslund and Demitra are on the decline. The Wild signed Demetra last year (or two?) to pair with Gaborik and it never really produced the magic they were expecting. Sometimes changes of scenery helps though so we'll see.

Those are the types of deals that if the Leafs made would be disastrous but other clubs may be able to make them work (probably because they have a supporting cast of players).

My Thrashers will have the second worst season of their history (inaugural season was worse). We can't pay players enough to come here... :( Even with $30MM in cap room. ...