[Guide] iPhone 2.x to 1.1.4 downgrade

Thank You so Much for your guide and especially telling me I need kiphone -

I read your guide , downloaded kiphone from zshare - let it run & using it again

Using iLiberty+ there is an option for installer. One of the tabs gives you a choice of which extras to download. Select, click download and then make sure you tick them before you click "Go For It". Did it for me.

I'm sorry but I've done great with your instructions until I get to KIphone. I keep getting stuck because I can't till if the process is actually working or not. I normally wait ten minutes and nothing happens to my Iphone so I try to restore it to 1.1.4 and it doesn't work every time. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

i have a problem after i had done what you told me.My phone remain the picture (USB pointing at the logo of itunes) while the power is on.I still can't get into the menu,and the itunes also says " the sim card of my iphone is not appropriate ".However,the situation does change a little bit better.I can recieve phone calls and SMS .

I guess the phone is still at 2.0 firmware.

I have also tried to do what you told me again but something's different.After i hav restore the iphone by using the iPhone1,1_1.1.4_4A102_Restore.ipsw firmware ,there is no any warning of error from itunes.

What should i do???????

• 2 weeks later...

WOW _X_ thank you so much! I said it before, and I knew it would come in handy.

This guide saved me so much hassle! THANK YOU!!!

I did it a little bit different however.

I installed iTunes 7.5, and put it into DFU mode right away, which allowed me to restore it to 1.1.4, then once it gave me the "slide for emergencies" (without errors), I just unlocked it using iLibrarty+

from there, I reinstalled 2.0

Right. Heres all I can suggest and Its basically what Ive said before.

Using the patched ziphone on 1.1.4 should be easy. You dont need to unlock/jailbreak it to downgrade the baseband. If the patched ziphone doesnt want to downgrade then restore firmware 1.1.4 from itunes as described above. Keep trying. Sounds odd but sometimes a restore doesnt "sit" well with the iphone. Took me 2 goes to get it done, but it DOES work using this method.

I heard Ziphone will downgrade the bootloader permanently and cannot be reversible. Is this true?

I solved error 1604 and managed to revive my bricked iPhone by following these instructions. There is no need to finish it to the end, just until the iPhone is back alive and you only need iTunes 7.5 and iPhone firmware 1.1.1.4, and not the other two that are mentioned (i.e. if you plan to restore 2.0.1).

And then I could update to 2.0.1 with xpwn using iTunes 7.7.0.43.

Good luck.

• 11 months later...
so, its taken like 2 hopurs so far for it to "downgrade". does it always take this long ?

Why are you downgrading??

You can jailbreak OS 2.0 and 3.0 now :pinch: