[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

LittleBigPlanet beta invites to be send out next week

PS3-Sense writes "We have mentioned before that there will be 20.000 invites for each region (Europe, America and Japan). And next week Sony will be sending out all 60.000 invites. The LittleBigPlanet beta itself will start on 29 September and will end on 12 October. So watch your mailbox closely."

Source: http://n4g.com/ps3/News-202404.aspx

Yes, versions of LBP have been sent out to press, but a big embargo note with the disc stops us from talking about it until October 14 - ten days ahead of the Oct 24 UK release. We can't wait.

From: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=197505

Also,

HPIM3005.jpg

;)

?LittleBigPlanet? Invades New York?s Parsons Design School [pictures]s]

lbp_game_jam-6.jpg

This past weekend, Parsons The New School for Design in New York held a game design contest where teams of students were challenged to create the most innovative and creative levels for ?LittleBigPlanet? in 24 straight hours.

We stopped by the session to check out the game design madness, which started noon Saturday and ended around noon on Sunday, to take a few photos.

See pictures of the game design jam, including the opening presentation by Media Molecule?s art director Kareem Ettouney (pictured) and audio designer Kenny Young. (And check back later for more from the event.)

lbp_game_jam-1.jpg

lbp_game_jam-2.jpg

lbp_game_jam-3.jpg

lbp_game_jam-4.jpg

lbp_game_jam-5.jpg

lbp_game_jam-6.jpg

lbp_game_jam-7.jpg

lbp_game_jam-8.jpg

lbp_game_jam-9.jpg

lbp_game_jam-10.jpg

lbp_game_jam-11.jpg

lbp_game_jam-12.jpg

lbp_game_jam-13.jpg

lbp_game_jam-14.jpg

lbp_game_jam-15.jpg

lbp_game_jam-16.jpg

lbp_game_jam-17.jpg

lbp_game_jam-18.jpg

lbp_game_jam-19.jpg

lbp_game_jam-20.jpg

lbp_game_jam-21.jpg

lbp_game_jam-22.jpg

Source: http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/09/22/...rsons-pictures/

This games gonna m:|t my face :|

The creations being made above will be shown sFrom the PSbloge PSblog

at the Parsons School of Design, the students are about to reveal their LBP creations. I'm recording the presentation for the Blog.

Source: http://twitter.com/SonyPlaystation/statuses/930678601

Also, some thoughts of a guy playing through the gOriginally Posted by RiotPelaaja:Pelaaja:

So hard not to keep talking about this game. Playing the last chapter now and this game is the most inventive, both visually and mechanic wise, platformer/game since Super Mario World. there's just some staggerringly good and surprising moments in here. There's a bit at this one level where it's like playing Sonic where you hurtle down slopes with your Sackboy collecting points and just before that it was electrified platform city a'la Super Mario.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p...p;postcount=831[/uOriginally Posted by RiotPelaaja:Pelaaja:

Couple of hours of two player coop under my belt. Game is ****ing TIGHT. No problems whatsoever online. You can see everyone on your friends list on the LittleMoon in your pod complete with their PSN avatars and you see who is playing LBP. The latter you can invite or join their pod and off you go. Smooth as ****.

Got through the first three chapters and as a person who thinks Super Mario World is the finest platform game ever, some of the sequenes in LBP top that game and really show what can be done in 2d/3d platforming. The two player "puzzles" are fun too and some of the just had us laughing out loud as we kept ****ing up. Most of the puzzles requiring two players give you harder to get items. The levels have big 2X signs telling you that this way for two players. I wonder if if it says 3X if you got three players.

I've written a lot about the game and I almost forgot that its really a brilliant platformer at heart. Sure, the physics oriented jumping can get a bit tricky, but there's lots of checkpoints etc so it's cool.

A game that really brings a smile to one's face.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p...p;postcount=160

Oh my gawwwwd! My brother was in the Parsons competition, got to work/play with the game for 24 hours, and he WON! "Most Beautiful" with one group, and "Most Fun" with another -- and both of his stages will make it into the final build of the game. He also told me he got interviewed by Brian Crecente, N'Gai Croal, and will be in a video on GameSpot.

I am officially jealous.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p...;postcount=1052

Pretty awesome that the levels make it in!

We should be seeing them on the PSBlog hopefully within the next 24 hours :)

Eurogamer is teaming up with PlayStation for a very special competition with some very special prizes.

We're giving you the chance to design your very own LittleBIGPlanet level. The best entry we receive will be turned into a real level for LittleBIGPlanet players to download. You'll even get to watch your design being brought to life and then play it at the Eurogamer Expo. There's also an 80GB PlayStation 3 to be won and five copies of the game. Plus, we've got stacks of Sackboy toys to give away, and exclusive LittleBIGPlanet t-shirts designed by Trevor Jackson and Kate Moross (we're not very trendy, but our extensive research on wikipedia reveals they're quite a big deal).

Read the rest/info: http://www.eurogamer.net/lbp.php

Some more tidbits of hands on info

What a great moment we just had...

Two of our guys are playing the game at our magazine's office in Story mode and then a third guy who is playing the game home online joins in. So yes, you can have like two players on the same machine joined by two other people online. That's pretty ****ing impressive and it's all seamless.

So..the guys play and we have a PlayStation Eye hooked uped to the PStriple so we could take photos and use them as stickers in the game...only about 20 minutes later we realize that since the PlayStation Eye has a mic, the guy playing at home heard all the **** we were talking about :)

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p...;postcount=1124

only about 20 minutes later we realize that since the PlayStation Eye has a mic, the guy playing at home heard all the **** we were talking about smile.gif

Glad I now know that before hand, lol.

Boner time!

Parsons students create 'Shadow of the LittleBigColossus'

"We're not a bunch of gamers here," a faculty member of the Parsons New School told the audience. "A project like this means much more to us than working with a new game. What we're interested in is collaboration, learning in new tools, in testing possibilities with environments and products we haven't worked with before. The experience we had with LittleBigPlanet this weekend is more than that."

Over the weekend, students from NYC's Parsons School worked for twenty four hours continuously with LittleBigPlanet. Their challenge? To create a level from scratch using early copies of the PS3-exclusive. With little or no background in the game, the students were able to create a wide assortment of hugely innovative and different levels.

There were a number of winners, across multiple categories. In fact, additional prizes were handed out by Sony due to the overwhelming number of great submissions. However, one level stood out as the single best level -- one created by Team Sportsmanship. We've lovingly dubbed the level "Shadow of the LittleBigColossus." Watch the video (above) and see why.

We were thoroughly amazed by all the finalists on display at Parsons last night. Getting our hands on "Shadow of the LittleBigColossus" left us absolutely awe-struck. Not only was the concept of the level truly outstanding, but the execution was spot-on. Yes, a little more playtesting could be done to make it not as challenging, but to know that such a massive moving level was created in the time of just 24 hours is an incredible achievement.

More impressive than the level itself is the process. The winning team, Team Sportsmanship, essentially became a mini games design studio, with various pipelines handling the different aspects of production. Many of the textures and objects you find in their level were created by hand, and then captured through the Eye camera. Being able to create and manipulate textures in such a way show the near-infinite possibilities that LBP can offer.

Although this level won Best of Jam (and the accompanying $1000 prize), it was far from the only noteworthy level on display. Each of the levels that made it to the awards ceremony showed incredible promise. One of our other favorites from the evening had to be the level created by Team Bloody Clowns. It appropriately won the award for "Most Fun." And why? Just watch this video to see:

Thankfully, you'll be able to play all of these levels when LittleBigPlanet launches on PS3 in October. Just look for the Parsons city in the online world and start downloading. Simply seeing such creative designs done in such a short amount of time is so incredibly humbling -- makes us realize that we're going to have to up the ante quite a bit when we want to make our own levels.

* Most Persistent - Team Smiley

* Best Use of Tools - Team Sleepwalkers

* Most Innovative - Team Awesome / Team MakeShift

* Most Personal - Team P3

* Most Fun - Team Bloody Clowns

* Most Beautiful - Team Rocket

* Best of Jam - Team Sportsmanship

2 videos and screenshots: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/09/23/parson...tlebigcolossus/

Check em videos! That beast in video 1 is absolutely ****ing nuts! :drool:

I think there's gonna be an official blog post with more soon as well :yes:

Sneak peak at the other entries

A peek at the LittleBigPlanet Game Jam finalists

This past weekend, over 150 students of Parsons New School of Design broke up in to 19 teams for the LittleBigPlanet Design Jam. The goal? Design and build an original playable level for Media Molecule's upcoming PlayStation 3 title LittleBigPlanet using the in-game creation tools provided. The catch? Do it in 24 hours.

The students worked from noon Saturday to noon Sunday, functioning on nothing but soda, Red Bull, pizza, and their own creativity. The results were revealed at an awards ceremony that was held yesterday at Parsons, with the winner -- Team Good Sportsmanship for their Shadow of the Colossus-inspired design -- taking home $1,000.

Speaking with some of the students, they were all impressed with the built-in design tools Media Molecule is offering for LBP. While some remarked that they had to get pretty creative in their use of things like textures (they were also able to import their own by way of the PlayStation Eye), everyone enjoyed the amount of freedom it offered. Nearly all of the students I spoke with wanted to get their hands on the game when it's released this October ... but most didn't have PS3s.

It was also announced during the awards ceremony that all of the levels designed by the students would be shared at the game's launch, in a "Parsons City" area of the game. For you wannabe LBP designers, that means one thing: the bar's already been set high. Time to get creative.

Video: http://www.destructoid.com/a-peek-at-the-l...ts-104772.phtml

OMG I think I'm in the beta

LittleBigPlanet needs no introduction, and if it did, Sony would use trumpets and red carpet for the occasion. This, we've been told, is the PS3 game of 2008. And we're inclined to agree.

So, we're excited to have teamed up with Sony to give away a whopping 5800 keys for the LittleBigPlanet beta. 5800! And all you have to do to get one is head to our LittleBigPlanet giveaway page and click a button.

You have to be a registered member of the Eurogamers community to do this, as most probably know. This involves little more than choosing a witty username and password that can be remembered.

The LittleBigPlanet beta starts tomorrow and ends on 12th October. This should give you plenty of time to enjoy charming platform mayhem with up to three friends, or get to grips with the magical toolset ingredient.

Quick quick. There's only a whopping 5800 left!

LittleBigPlanet is due for full release on 24th October.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=243270

Beta Keys: http://gamers.eurogamer.net//giveaways.php...&flush=true

Got my BETA key about half an hour ago too. I am on a Virgin Media 1Meg connection though so it downloads painfully slowly (It took me about 2 evenings to download the MotorStorm 2 demo). :(

post-112768-1222190862_thumb.jpg

Have fun DARRKCLOUD, I'm right behind you!

I've read the intro is suppose to be amazing, get back to us! You'll be playing before me.

At 60% just now.

edit: I thought your pic said "installing" :laugh: I'll be playing first ;)

Well if the beta is supposed to be tomorrow then the earliest I will be starting it is tomorrow at 6:00PM, because I have college from 9-5:30ish (BTEC National Diploma in Electronics and Electrical Engineering).

Currently at 21% Downloaded now. :)

Well if the beta is supposed to be tomorrow then the earliest I will be starting it is tomorrow at 6:00PM, because I have college from 9-5:30ish (BTEC National Diploma in Electronics and Electrical Engineering).

Currently at 21% Downloaded now. :)

I think it's working just now, people are playing it so I've heard.

At 75% now!

You could of messaged me earlier on the PS3 about this. :cry:

Now I am trying to get through the sever errors, and for some reason it has forgotten my log in too, this might take a while.

Woah, that was quick!

Mine is still at 25% complete (Yay for Virgin Media Throttling)

Now I am trying to get through the sever errors, and for some reason it has forgotten my log in too, this might take a while.

The server errors appeared about 5 mins after I got my key.