FPS with PS3 controller?

Even though I got the Giotech Real Triggers for the Dual Shock 3, I can't bring myself to buy any FPS games for PS3, not even COD4! I am buying SCIV soon though but how is COD4 on the PS3? After playing it on 360, I don't know if I could use the PS3 pad for COD4.

The analog sticks aren't as responsive as the 360 ones.

The other thing I hate is that the left analog stick is too low, it hurts my wrist after a while.

The analog sticks aren't as responsive as the 360 ones.

The other thing I hate is that the left analog stick is too low, it hurts my wrist after a while.

What are you talking about?

You cant change where the analog sticks are.. :rolleyes:

What does responsiveness have to do with location :blink:

if you feel they respond 'too slow', go in to the game options and adjust them there. If you don't like the physical location on the controller..well... get a 3rd party one or just stick with the 360 ;)

also.. how is one 'too low' ?? lol. They are both at the same height. Unless you're not symmetric.. which if that's the case.. you have bigger issues than the controller :p

can you hook up a mouse and kb?

yeah, of course... but not for playing games :p works just fine in the browser and for sending messages.

(actually, I haven't tried it with a game in a long time)

Jesus Christ have you used a 360 controller before?

_41141351_360_controller02.jpg

Note: Look where the left analog stick is.

sixaxis-controller-2.jpg

Note: Look where the left analog stick is. Lower.

Now take your time and look at it. :unsure:

I also never said they responded too slow. What I meant was they don't have as much resistance to them as the 360 ones do, which makes it harder to play FPS games.

I am now 100% used to the PS3 pad and actually prefer it overall. The 360 pad is the better for FPS games though, but you soon get used to the PS3 pad for FPS's

I tend to find the PS3 pad is best held in a 'loose' fashion, not try and grip it too hard. not to keen on the 360 one, its good for FPS but not great for much else.

I'm different when i had a PS2 i found FPs alright, but on 360 i could never get away with it which is the reason i sold. PS3 soon here i come :D

I tend to find the PS3 pad is best held in a 'loose' fashion, not try and grip it too hard. not to keen on the 360 one, its good for FPS but not great for much else.

I agree with all of that.

I find the controller useless for most games in the standard form, specially after using a controller which I think is better in every way.

The overall design is old and not very gentle on my rather large hands. After a few hours of use, my palms are almost cramped up!

Anolog Sticks are placed badly, specially after using the 360 controller which has showed they can be placed so much more efficient.

The way the standard trigger arches downwards is really a facepalm decision which has annoyed my every time I sat with the controller, fingers tend to slip a lot.

The only good thing about the PS3 controller is the D-pad, the 360 controller excels at everything else for me.

I find the controller useless for most games in the standard form, specially after using a controller which I think is better in every way.

The overall design is old and not very gentle on my rather large hands. After a few hours of use, my palms are almost cramped up!

Anolog Sticks are placed badly, specially after using the 360 controller which has showed they can be placed so much more efficient.

The way the standard trigger arches downwards is really a facepalm decision which has annoyed my every time I sat with the controller, fingers tend to slip a lot.

The only good thing about the PS3 controller is the D-pad, the 360 controller excels at everything else for me.

(Y)

The only way I can use the analogs on the sixaxis is by holding it with my fingertips, instead of holding the controller with my hands like I do on the 360's pad. Strange thing is that even after 10 years they still haven't changed the flawed design.

id have a 360 if it wasnt for the gash controller... ****ing hate it.

its huge, heavy, and imo poorly laid out

oh and you can use a mouse & keyboard on unreal 3 just fine

We wouldn't be able to hit enemy tanks for massive damage in BC :(

QFT, not looking forward to using DS3 with Killzone 2 :(

Definitely one skid mark the game won't be able to win me over with regardless of how good it may be.

I think you can purchase those plastic caps to put on your shoulder buttons for a more trigger like experience.

In my opinion most Japanese games, are more designed towards the PS3 controller (more dependent on the d-pad) but Western type games such as FPS games where you have control over the camera are more suitable for analogs, that's why the American design focuses on those and the gun like experience.

Get a Dual Shock 3 or some 3rd party, get some caps over it, you should be fine.

I hear a lot of complaining about the PS3 controller, but I don't see how.

If you look back at the history of the Playstation controller family, you can see that the basic shape has not changed since the first version. The real modifications have been the introduction of the analog sticks, and the vibration functionality (DualShock sub-family). The size and shape has been pretty much constant. Now, the controller isn't perfect, we all know this, the triggers esp. on Sixaxis/DualShock3 leave little to be desired, but the controller for the most part is solid. And its proved it. People went up in arms when they showed the concept Boomerang controller for the PS3, so much so that they went back to the ol' reliable DualShock shell and worked with that instead.

As for FPS games, CoD4 works a treat on PS3. After playing it on PS3, trying to play it using a XBox360 controller is always tricky, I end up chucking grenades when I really want to aim down the sight. It's not really a question of FPS games on PS3, its really a question of FPS games on consoles. Can people play the game as well as they would have with the Keyboad/Mouse combo for PC?

It's all personal preference at the end of the day. People who don't like Sony tend to use the 'crap controller' line alot.

I enjoy using both pads, they both have pro's and con's but I certainly don't think that the PS3 pad is terrible for playing FPS games - it's different to the 360 pad, sure but different doesn't = bad (even though that's how many of you see it)

People who don't like Sony tend to use the 'crap controller' line alot.

Yeah you would think that :rolleyes:

Or maybe it's just an out dated controller in dire need of a face lift! :yes:

People who don't like Sony tend to use the 'crap controller' line alot.

And the people who love Sony would be more than happy with a J-shaped controller with 1 button and backwards motion sensing.

The design of the controller has reached its expiration date, don't blame us for wanting something new.