FPS with PS3 controller?

You know what though, I really could care less, if you all cannot play with the PS3 controller, that just means I will own you all in Resistance 2 and Killzone 2. :p

After reading all these posts, QFT.

All of you are seemingly going to get spanked silly by me and DL :p

After reading all these posts, QFT.

All of you are seemingly going to get spanked silly by me and DL :p

Bwahahaha

Sorry, were you being serious?

:p

I'm going to find a way to use the 360 controller on my PS3. Mark my words!..Failing that, I will just need to hunker down with the pain to pwn AB's ass :devil: It'll be totally worth it though :laugh:

Personally, though I prefer the 360 controller, I think blaming the sticks is just an excuse. I've played Call of Duty on both systems and I'm not any better on one version than the other, both controllers are totally usable.

I use both the 360 and PS3 and I have to say for me the 360 controller excels almost every respect:

Weight:It just feels like a decent weight to be playing with. The PS3 controller feels tacky and cheap, with no weight to it

Concave where it matters: Real triggers without some crappy add ons, concave sticks for more precision

Left stick in the right place: Let's be honest, your left thumb is almost constantly be on the left stick, so it's always in a comfortable position. Your right one usually needs to go between the stick and face buttons, so makes sense to be where it is. Using the PS3 controller now just feels abnormal.

Size:Actually made for normal hands, the PS3 controller feels like it was designed for japanese midgets.

There's always the excuse that the PS controller has always been good because it's been around so long, it's true to an extent but in reality it's just been slightly better than the competition. When the PS1 original controller came out, it did the job very well and everyone loved it. Then they added the sticks, and because it was new everyone loved it so they've not moved from where they were. There's just been little additions throughout the different versions but kept the same fundamentals. It was sucessful because it was just better than the competion.

The 360 controller, IMO is the first to really hit the nail on the head. They've looked at the sucessful PS controller and researched how it could be made better, rather than just adding features here and there. Look what happened when sony tried a redesign :shock: they ended up running back to safe ground, perhaps they should have taken some design ideas from the 360.

The D-pad is a bit crap though, i'll give them that ;)

EDIT: This is more like it :p

hero_reg.jpg

http://benheck.com/04-14-2007/ps360-controller

Edited by Si_

And to prove a point, even the US military has adopted the 360 Controller design to go with their Unmaned vehicles/robots.

LOL! Cos of course, the US Military are always so precise with their aiming! The 360 pad clearly isn't working for them!

Si_ - try the DS3 pad, it's much better in weight (Y)

Yeah, I'm willing to sacrifice my Sixaxis and a 360 controller for that mod. but the guide is just 4 or 500 levels more advanced than I'd like it to be :laugh:

LOL at the timing,

Ben Heck stuffs a wired 360 controller in a DualShock 3 shell
7-31-08-360ds3.jpg

We can always count on our man Ben Heck to be up to something crazy in his mad console-modding workshop, and while his latest creation isn't as wild as the PS3 laptop, it's still good for a double-take -- check out this wired 360 controller shoehorned into a DualShock3 shell, complete with green LEDs. Ben says it works great, rumble included, but that there's no headset connector and the L2 and R2 triggers aren't analog -- both things he's hoping to fix in the next version. We'd suggest keeping the DS3 buttons as well -- while the colorful 360 buttons look pretty hot against that black case, we'd rather break this thing out and blow minds stealth-style.

Source

LOL!

Having experienced both extensive gaming time on both systems, heres my verdict:

PS3 controller for fighting games, or third person like MGS4

360 controller for FPS and racing

:x

Yeah those xbox buttons really make it look fugly as hell.

Subtle buttons win the day :p

I can't stand the PS3 controller.

It's just not designed for human hands :(

Duh, you must know I'm an alien.

Yeah, I'm sure it was the buttons that deserved that face ...

Yeah, I'm sure it was the buttons that deserved that face ...

I thought the couch was pretty standard as well.

:woot:

No..:p

Real subtle..

800px-DualShock3WhiteFromFront.jpg

Just opposite ends of the spectrum ;) :laugh:

I can't stand the PS3 controller.

It's just not designed for human hands :(

:laugh: Fool

That white pad is quality! Love it! Wish I had bought a white one :(

:woot:

No..:p

Real subtle..

800px-DualShock3WhiteFromFront.jpg

Just opposite ends of the spectrum ;) :laugh:

Good thing I don't own a white DS3.

Nor would I buy a white PS3.

Black FTW.

That white pad is quality! Love it! Wish I had bought a white one :(

No you don't.

Lack of colour coordination between console and gaming pad/accessories = fail

:p

I fail then (Y)

Well, 1-0 to me then?

:laugh:

Buy whatever pads you want, lack of colour coordination just drives me mad.

Nah, try harder, I'm sure you can product hate in a more original way than a list of complaints!

No wait, you tried the sig method already.

Oh well, fun's over for today...