Post your Vintage Tech!

photo.jpg

Hey guys, I've been having this idea for a while, and it's time to put it into action. Here you can post all of your old tech. A/V, computers, etc. Got a phonograph? Post it! Got a groovy 70's turntable, post it! Speaking of turntables, this is my little gem. It's a functioning Sony PS-LX210 automatic turntable. The audio out doesn't work, but you can stand near it and listen to the needle. Always fun. :D

IMG_0906.jpg

Have fun!

Edited by Cormier6083

My grandparent's TV in their basement from 1988...

post-185777-1217448770_thumb.jpg

It may not have a dial, but it doesn't have on screen display...

That picture feels anachronistic. :D

How about Operating Systems? Hiya Windows NT Server (just dug this out of a box yesterday):

post-21616-1217454382.jpg

:laugh:

Copyright 1996 Microsoft Corporation...

BEHOLD! A device for the locking and unlocking of locked things!

post-121608-1217456952.jpg

Not doing it for ya? :laugh: How about this?

post-121608-1217456984.jpg

My old PS1, still hooked up, ready to go, right next to my 360 :)

Copyright 1996 Microsoft Corporation...

IF I can find it, I can see if I can find my Microsoft Bob cd. That's all the way back in like 1992.

How about Operating Systems? Hiya Windows NT Server (just dug this out of a box yesterday):

post-21616-1217454382.jpg

:laugh:

Pfft, you and your newfangled CDs. This is old school:

post-1302-1217457795.jpg

OS/2 2.0 German installation floppy disk. Number one of twenty-one.

Sorry about the crappy picture quality, I used the crappy camera in my mobile phone to take the snapshot.

IF I can find it, I can see if I can find my Microsoft Bob cd. That's all the way back in like 1992.

MS Bob came out in 1994/1995, shortly before Windows 95 was released.

Bought this late 90's because it looked cool. Lets just say I used it for about a week and liked it about as much as i like any track pad on any laptop.

post-4927-1217459688_thumb.jpg

My grandparent's TV in their basement from 1988...

post-185777-1217448770_thumb.jpg

It may not have a dial, but it doesn't have on screen display...

Didn't know Obama wasn't ahead.

I'm off to look through my shed to find my old gear then I'll post back, does it have to be anything technology not just computers, etc?

Didn't know Obama wasn't ahead.

I'm off to look through my shed to find my old gear then I'll post back, does it have to be anything technology not just computers, etc?

Obama is ahead, but by 3 points. That was just a "likely voters" poll, which is a poll of people who voted in 2004, but all of the college students (first time voters) are going to vote for Obama, at least that's how it seems.

629482.jpg

We have one just like this from the 1600's. At least it was in the family bible dated then in Germany (Ironic, eh, a condom in a bible).

Technology at its best

This disk(one of 11) belongs with an old 286. Has a bunch of old-time computer things around it(dot matrix printer, old externel modem, and a crap load of 5 1/4 in. floppies). it still kind of works, but only in DOS because of RAM issues.

post-248880-1217471789_thumb.jpg

This disk(one of 11) belongs with an old 286. Has a bunch of old-time computer things around it(dot matrix printer, old externel modem, and a crap load of 5 1/4 in. floppies). it still kind of works, but only in DOS because of RAM issues.

I didn't know they had powerpoint for DOS. :D

I didn't know they had powerpoint for DOS. :D

Look closely... it's Powerpoint for Windows.

Pity that I got rid of the old 5 1/4" floppy disks a long time ago. MS-DOS 3.3 or Windows 1.03 would really be vintage tech.