Post your Vintage Tech!

24082008031hu8.jpg

24082008031hu8.1236fcaef6.jpg

Anyone remember what that was :p? First phone I ever had, and still one of the best.

ahahah yeh love that fone... man built like a brick and took hits like one as well..... old school nokias were damn reliable

Here's the TV that I mentioned above. Still working great, despite It can't pick up cable channels between 64 and 95, and there is no remote (I have it somewhere, but I don't think it works).

009jk5.jpg

013pw4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Customer came in with his personal computer he used back in '86, before I was even born. He wanted us to migrate the data out of the HDD, but we didn't have the proper adapter, too obsolete. I did happen to snag some good pictures with my phone though.

0822081912.jpg

0822081841blur.jpg

0828082039.jpg

0828082044.jpg

8800GT ain't got nothin on this:

0828082038.jpg

0828082105blur.jpg

0828082104.jpg

• 9 months later...

Well.....I shall say welcome to Neowin. May your stay be nice.

And as always with threads like this I say:

Holy! Thread resurrection Batman! :p

The last post on this was from September 2008

I wouldn't know where to begin, I'm such a packrat. I have two Commodore 64s, a VIC-20, two TI-99/4As (one beige, one silver), and an IBM PC/XT. Lot's of old software on 5.25" floppy disks. A ColecoVision, Atari 2600 hooked up to a 1978 RCA television, and my handheld Master Merlin game. Several stacks of old reel to reel recordings, my old case full of 8-tracks and the Monteverdi 8-Track stereo system to play them on not to mention all my records from old shellac 78s to modern LPs. Some old tube radios from the 30s and 40s. A Panasonic NV-5120 Video Cartridge Player which weighs a ton, some laserdiscs but no player for them. Oh and the keyboard I'm typing this on, a 22 year old Zenith AT.

Vivitar LF 110mm bought in '85/'86

I have these (no flash though)

dsc0003hqw.jpg

The three-year warranty for the Kodak EKTRA 200 expired on October 8, 1987 :p

Ah, my beloved TI 99/4a, all the styling of a modern iMac with all the memory of a modern digital watch :-) This thing actually had dedicated video memory. On boot up you can either load a cartridge or open a TI Basic prompt. I also have the solid state memory module (basically RAM + a battery), as well as the Speech Synthesizer module, which basically does nothing :p

attachment.php?attachmentid=8602&stc=1&d=1171576019

Here's a picture of one hooked up with all of the optional peripherals:

Ti994_long.jpg

Ti_start_screen.png

TI Basic and Buck Rodgers FTW!

OMG loved games on that... It is the one system that I can credit with getting me into computers and games. Parsec, Alpiner, Hunt the Wumpus, Chisolm Trail... loved those games! And you even have a Voice Synthisizer.. that really made Alpiner fun...hahaha damnit now I have the sound of the arrow being fired at the Wumpus, and hitting the wumpus stuck in my head... DAMN GREEN PITS!

I have a ton of vintage tech things. I have a lot of "vintage" things all together as I like to collect them; I'm one of those people ;). Turntables/audio equipment, clothing, jewelry, furniture, calendars, video games/systems, etc. I wouldn't say I surround myself with antiques (I'm also very modern and minimalistic in my style) but I do have a hefty collection. I especially collect vintage cameras and photography equipment, and I have quite a few--love the eBay. I'm only posting these two, though, because they're the only two I have photos of right on hand. They're my favorites; my babies. :wub:

Canon AE-1 + lens from the early 80s.

+

Olympus OM-1 + lens from '77. (my very first camera, given to me by my parents who bought it in '77)

These aren't the best examples, but I try to develop my own film as often as possible and I don't have many from these beauties on the web/computer--either way, they take GREAT photos still:

-Emily

Edited by deviousduo

Up until a few years ago, I still had this (and yep, that's me way back when):

michael_bbc1.jpg

I'm actually in the process of looking for a new desk / workstation, once I get one I'm gonna try and get my hands on a BBC Model B, to replace the one I lost :)

Edit - Oh, and I have an original Mathmos Lava Lamp from the early / mid 1960s

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Up until a few years ago, I still had this (and yep, that's me way back when):

michael_bbc1.jpg

I'm actually in the process of looking for a new desk / workstation, once I get one I'm gonna try and get my hands on a BBC Model B, to replace the one I lost :)

Edit - Oh, and I have an original Mathmos Lava Lamp from the early / mid 1960s

Ive still got my BBC B! But ive also made a SD card interface for it so I have no need for 5 1/4" floppies!

2914933877_daaf565f08.jpg?v=0

3622173088_8f0142be99.jpg?v=0

But I have got a load of other old machines like this in my collection. Check out my website for more!

Ive still got my BBC B! But ive also made a SD card interface for it so I have no need for 5 1/4" floppies!

2914933877_daaf565f08.jpg?v=0

3622173088_8f0142be99.jpg?v=0

But I have got a load of other old machines like this in my collection. Check out my website for more!

That seems like an awesome idea :) - I'm hoping to get a corner desk soon, and while upgrading the tech I wanted to create a lil mini retro tech section, and so I'll have to check that out - wouldn't mind programming some old school BBC BASIC on an actual Model B, as opposed to an emulator :)

And I'll definitely be checking out the site :)

That seems like an awesome idea :) - I'm hoping to get a corner desk soon, and while upgrading the tech I wanted to create a lil mini retro tech section, and so I'll have to check that out - wouldn't mind programming some old school BBC BASIC on an actual Model B, as opposed to an emulator :)

And I'll definitely be checking out the site :)

If you really like your Acorn gear, and have some spare time on the 12th and 13th of September. Maybe you should go to http://www.acornworld.co.uk/. Its part of Retro Reunited.