?Torrent is an efficient and feature rich BitTorrent client for Windows sporting a very small footprint. It was designed to use as little cpu, memory and space as possible while offering all the functionality expected from advanced clients.

After a year of development, 1.8 has finally gone stable. The main major feature added is Teredo and IPv6 support, but there's a slew of smaller features, changes and improvements. The changelog is absolutely massive, so check it out down below.

Other major features are bypassing the Windows system cache (see the Disk Cache settings), significantly improved proxy support, and magnet URIs.

Nice long change log (2 long to post here)

Download: http://download.utorrent.com/1.8/utorrent.exe

Finally ! Thank you.

Does anyone else just love the new icon? :p

The new Icon :punk: (Y)

Really happy to hear uTorrent 1.8 is here, been using the RC's for a while and this is the best product (of it's type) I think.

Is it worth upgrading to? I've stuck to the pre-RIAA involvement version of 1.6 Build 474 due to my paranoia :ninja:

Well, your paranoia and misunderstanding of the situation has served you well so far, why change now?

Is it worth upgrading to? I've stuck to the pre-RIAA involvement version of 1.6 Build 474 due to my paranoia :ninja:

The new version of utorrent is completely safe, anyone thinking the RIAA is spying on them and sticking to an older version is just being stupid an irrational.

The new version of utorrent is completely safe, anyone thinking the RIAA is spying on them and sticking to an older version is just being stupid an irrational.

(Y) Because the RIAA doesn't need you to use any specific torrent client to be able to spy on you. ;)

I was (untill I uninstaled it) having problems with v1.8 adding more than one torrent. I had it open and downloading one thing, then I opened another torrent file and it said something about uTorrent already being open, and it used to just add it to the que in v1.7.

Thanks, updated (Y) .

Scirwode

there is no RIAA involvement, but hey, don't let the truth get in the way of your paranoia.

Don't let the truth get in the way of your paranoia.

Great idea for a messenger personal message :D Thanks!

Finally ! Thank you.

Does anyone else just love the new icon? :p

Meh. I liked the old round icon better. :/

Cool, updated.

Also, look at the names of the torrents on the pic on the front page of utorrent.com :p

Thanks for the new final link

Just to remind you guys (in case you have forgot or to the ppl who doesnt know) that μTorrent was sold to BitTorrent, Inc. (which company has partnerships with some 60 companies like 20th Century Fox, Paramount, Warner Brothers, Lionsgate Films, etc)

The RIAA/MPAA is not hiding in the new versions of utorrent that is ridiculous, just because they have been sold to bittorrent does not mean they are spying on you. Besides no matter what torrent client you use your ip is publicly broadcasted. They can see what you are doing no matter what client you use.

And just because bittorrent sells legal movies does not mean they are "in bed" with the MPAA/RIAA. Besides they would drive a way TONS of users if they did something stupid like including a backdoor in utorrent. They just wouldn't risk doing that.

--- 2008-08-13: Version 1.8 (build 11813)

- Fix: do not check routing for IPs when a proxy is in use

- Fix: replace backslashes in file paths for multifile URL seeding with forward slashes

- Fix: incorrect bencode key sorting on keys where one is a subset of the other

http://download.utorrent.com/1.8/utorrent.exe

is anyone else having a popup confirmation balloon when a torrent finishes? or is it just me?

Vista x64 here.

I think this happened after updating past 1.7.7