Anyone ever play GORE?

Any of you ever play the game GORE. It was a low budget FPS, but i though it was extremtly cool. For some reason I really really liked that game. It just seemed more fun than Quake 3 to me. Anyone else play it?

Yeah, I played some of the demos.. it was pretty fun, although I did have a huge amount of fun also making fun out of the level design.. but it was actually fun to play... was it ever released?

GORE = PURE CRAP

The game was a POS even for a budget title...

:rolleyes:

GORE was decent, if you consider who made it. I hope they make a sequel with improvements, however. I have it, but it's uninstalled. Way too underrated, IMO.

Serious Sam was a budget title and it blew up big time...so they must have done something right...

For a budget title, it did. But you won't see Serious Sam up for any GOTY from any respected publications. I keep it in the same class as GORE. And SS got a crapload more of publication, meaning more funding. These people made it from practically nothing.

i remember two early fps's that were somewhat coool....remember 'Strife' which was Doom-based, but you could look around & jump....and then there was 'Powerslave' (the demo was better than the actual game) which was based in egypt and had cool spiders and anubis person things.....but the acutal game sucked. Demo was way better.

Strife was cool cause you killed your 'boss' and found out he wasn't yer boss (I think his name was Macius if memory serves)...

No, I don't think so....but I recall the game you're mentioning....here's the Powerslave I'm referring to:

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/powerslave/

Oh... :huh: ...guess I got the names mixed up. I can't remember what that game was called then...

...either way GORE was still PURE CRAP.

Pure crap? OK, I understand it's your opinion, but I'm getting sick and tired of you having to repeat it, it's a freaking opinion. It's hard to make a "pure crap" FPS unless you try. Give reasons why it's pure crap and then maybe we'll respect your opinions. As it stands, you have done absolutely nothing to prove your point. The fact of the matter is that GORE is just another run-of-the-mill FPS game, nothing special, nothing horrible. I think this is where the reviews for the game and people's opinions are based... If you've even played the game.

Relax dude...take a chill pill...

...and to answer your question, yes I have played the game and I got bored with it after less then 5 minutes of gameplay. Here's why:

(1) Games are more appealing to me when the characters are interesting (yes even FPS appealing characters). All had was ur standard run-of-the-mill buff guy on the run shooting everything is sight.

(2) The weapons were waaaay to powerful in my opinion. They could have at least put in some variety in the weapons. SOF2 & Q3A did an excellent job with the weapons. Yes those were big projects, but thats no excuse.

(3) Wasn't this game in production FOREVER? I think I remember reading somewhere that the game was put on hold numerous times. So when I heard that, I knew it wasn't gonna be pretty...and I was right...at least imo...

Happy Scorpio? geez...PURE CRAP... :p :p :p

Relax dude...take a chill pill...

...and to answer your question, yes I have played the game and I got bored with it after less then 5 minutes of gameplay. Here's why:

(1) Games are more appealing to me when the characters are interesting (yes even FPS appealing characters). All had was ur standard run-of-the-mill buff guy on the run shooting everything is sight.

(2) The weapons were waaaay to powerful in my opinion. They could have at least put in some variety in the weapons. SOF2 & Q3A did an excellent job with the weapons. Yes those were big projects, but thats no excuse.

(3) Wasn't this game in production FOREVER? I think I remember reading somewhere that the game was put on hold numerous times. So when I heard that, I knew it wasn't gonna be pretty...and I was right...at least imo...

Happy Scorpio? geez...PURE CRAP... :p :p :p

Mildly Filtered Crap

:D :D :D

i played the game about quarter of the way through, yes i had a lack of games at the time and nothing better to do, there was some nice ideas and the plot was ok i guess but you couldn't forgive the chunks, and i mean chunks of blood. For a game called GORE you'd expect the blood effects to be far better than that. I could see the idea behind it but the engine didn't seem to support the blood effects.

apart form that the weapons sucked the sound sucked and the GFX weren't exactly stunning. If you ran it in a high res the levels looked quite good again the char models didn't back it up making the whole thing look sloppy.

I agree with scorpio though if the team did a sequel it might be alot better.

dougkinzinger:- wasn't powerslave based on an Iron Maiden album? how old are these games you were talking aboot?

dougkinzinger:- wasn't powerslave based on an Iron Maiden album? how old are these games you were talking aboot?

I _think_ it was.....I remember the music having that 'sound' to it. Powerslave came out in 1996, so is that about the time you're thinking?

Gore was rubbish.

A modern FPS with no working doors. The engine was made by some twits with no sense of imagination and no real intention to make a decent game. They were just marketing the engine, which coincidently turned out to be crap.

Gore --> Total poope.

Gore was rubbish.

A modern FPS with no working doors. The engine was made by some twits with no sense of imagination and no real intention to make a decent game. They were just marketing the engine, which coincidently turned out to be crap.

Gore --> Total poope.

*sigh*

The engine was crap? My friend, your information is crap. The engine itself was not crap. 4DRulers obviously didn't use it to the best of its abilities, you could tell that if you've ever tried the AMPII engine. People compare it to the Doom III engine favorably, and that's a good thing if you haven't noticed. Yes, they were just trying to market the game. The game wasn't all that great, but it wasn't pure crap as you all say.

jago6498 -- On hold because they didn't have the funding to pay for it, yes, not because it was developed forever. I don't see how any of those things are influential if a game is "pure crap" or not, either. If weapons were really a big deal Half-Life wouldn't be classified as the best FPS game ever. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I am by far and large not calling GORE a good game. If I had to put it in good or bad I'd go with bad, but just barely. It simply needed a bit more polish. The graphics engine was actually extremely good, it's just the developers didn't use it's abilities. I mean, no breaking glass or even doors? But, anyways, this game was never intended to be single-player. That was added at the last minute, so you all know.