Anyone ever play GORE?

well, yeah, i couldn't remember any numbers for how many people worked there so i guessed 10 - 20. their company page shows 8, but i have no idea how many actually contributed. the main thing i find impressive is that not only did they make the game, but they also built their own engine for it. thats what would take a lot of time.

The only problem I had was how you expressed it. ;) I mean, we got it the first time you said it was crap you know..?

i think you'll find that Jago said it was pure crap and then was told about a hundred times that he can't say it's pure crap. He expressed his opinion and was told that he cant call it that, that's when it fell in2 the flame war

if you put up a question like "What do you think of X??" and abuse anyone who expresses an opinion other than a positive one than you're asking for the kind of grief that Jago gave him lol

i say well done m8 for keeping him going 4 so long lmfao :devil: :devil: :devil:

the point i was trying to get at was that the majority of groups developing a fps game tend to use an engine that has been tested and proven in the past, rather than spending the time and money writing their own.

i can imagine why papaya studios would find it easier (or cost efficient) to write their own engines for the games listed on their web page, but i had meant to direct my comment towards the fps genre. for projects such as papaya studios undertook, many changes would have to be made to an engine if it were licensed from other companies. i understand how overall many developers would have to construct their own, but, as i said, i had intended to restrict my point to the fps genre, as i obviously hadnt made clear.

• 1 year later...