[Tennis] US Open 2008

In the second last point... Nadal was getting owned by Murray... that was domination in my books...

It looked like Nadal could stick around, but he wasn't showing how he was going to win without Murray imploding to the nth degree

Federer v Murray will be interesting (I'm rooting for Federer as always)

I think if there's any surface Murray can do it on, it'll be the hard court. I doubt he'll ever win Wimbledon, but he's done pretty well on hard court. I suppose it is the best of times for him to face Federer, who knows... we may have a GB grand slam champ yet!

Good on him, he seems like an annoying guy sometimes but all the same. It must feel awesome to beat the guy who knocked you out and went on to win the previous tournament.

Well done Andy, such a great achievement , even if you dont win in final, but I'm sure rooting for ya!!

Andy dont get good press for the reason that he is 'Scottish', simple as that! Now we will see the papers full of 'British' this and 'British' that if he wins the final, and certainly not 'Scottish', as the English will doctor it to suit themselves as per usual. LOL, Andy (Scottish) has done more than Tim (Timid) Henman or Rusedski (not even a true British (sorry English) born player anyway) this week than they did in their career at tennis.

Eat humble pie, swallow your jealousy, and watch in style how the true British (Scots) do it. :)

Henman Hill <-------------- :laugh:

Good luck Andy!!!!

Edited by scaramonga

Federer didn't derserve to win the US Open and the final result was very flattering for him.

I don't think we have seen the best of Murray yet.

Federer didn't derserve to win the US Open and the final result was very flattering for him.

why didnt he deserve to win? what happened? i missed the match.

That is a dumb thing to say... One missed call doesn't throw out what Federer did to Murray for the rest of the match.

Federer won that match 3-0

Federer was his best which he hasn't been for a long time, Murray was clearly tired and he will be back and will be back in that final for years to come don't forget Federer is getting towards 30 quickly.