6 Pin on power supply

eXtreme power line is flaky and yeah you didn't really take a step forward with the video card. More of a side step if that.

Ok! This is why I asked for assistance! For what I do and what I play the video card will be more than fine. If u or anyone has recomendattions for a ps and a video card ( must work in os x) that would cost me less than 250 with tax and shipping please feel free to

post links and what not! All this can be returned so I'm ready for

whatever u got!

Okay, well this thread kind of got off to a...not quite focused start. I didn't read through the other stuff because it seemed..well all over the place.

So if you wanted to start over...

Can you just relist your complete system specs again?

What size is your monitor/what resolution do you game at?

I have no idea what video cards would have problems with OSX, I imagine it all to be on the driver side of things...but the power supply won't be anything to worry about.

Okay, well this thread kind of got off to a...not quite focused start. I didn't read through the other stuff because it seemed..well all over the place.

So if you wanted to start over...

Can you just relist your complete system specs again?

What size is your monitor/what resolution do you game at?

I have no idea what video cards would have problems with OSX, I imagine it all to be on the driver side of things...but the power supply won't be anything to worry about.

It's a gateway GM5485E! I would paste a link but the iPod won't let me! There is also a second sata hd and a second sata dvdrw! Oh and a total of 4gb ram!

those 4850 and 4870's are bad ass! The power supply is nice, but the 4800 series doesn't work on macs yet! But I see where it going with this! Thanks for the help!

Well got my Ps today, Damn is this bad boy loud, plus when i sit the pc back upright the damn fans grinds on the ps case! This is going back!

gwai lo i checked out that Antec earthwatts EA500, seems pretty nice, but i am a little confused. whats the point of the 20 + 4 connector? and some that have the 20 + 4 connector dont have this

4006194R_03.jpg

Which on my MB is on the opposite end of the 24pin! Can you help me out!

Got the Antec EarthWatts EA-500 500W today..DAMN what a huge difference in sound than the cooler master! Should have listened to yu the first time +gwai lo!! The 8800 GTS SSC is quiet and still pretty fast

post-145666-1220603513.gif

Edited by Failurbydesign

Yea i picked up an extra 80mm fan stick it at the front of my case under my HD's! Blows a little more cool air into the card! Im also looking to get away from my m-atx case and i like the cooler master 690! I know this thread has run off topic a few times, but ill keep it going till im told to stop!