CDC raises alarm over new form of pneumonia

:( I hope as well it gets under control.

Neither antibiotics nor antiviral medications -- the standard weapons against pneumonia -- have proven effective, WHO spokesman Dick Thompson said.

Grr... maybe something will be proven effective SOON. I'm not too worried about it myself, but, I can't say that I am not scared... It travels like the flu and such. And it already is appearing in other countries including Canada...

I personally am amazed at how Hong Kong seems to the epidemic explosion point for these types of diseases, like H5N1. It is especially interesting on how all this seems to be originating from China.

I personally am amazed at how Hong Kong seems to the epidemic explosion point for these types of diseases, like H5N1. It is especially interesting on how all this seems to be originating from China.

Are saying what I think you are saying?

This is one reason why its important to WASH YOUR HANDS.

I'm not saying this is how its spread, but before eating food and after using the washroom wash the hands people. So many contagious diseases are spread w/o washing.

I'm wondering though if the airlines are "decontaminating" the airplanes thoroughly after the flight. Especially the area where people sat should be cleaned w/ a Windex since it contains ammonium.