anti-lock brakes

Cars with ABS equipped perform better in braking to a standstill...particularly on wet road and snowy conditions. When the driver suddenly brake the car strongly, the ABS will work and will hear the sound of hydraulic pushing. The car will stop faster without losing control or skid.

Jesus Christ. How many people in this thread spelled the word Brakes wrong? It's BRAKES. Not Breaks. A break is when you fall and BREAK your leg. This thread is a spelling holocaust.

I'm not usually a spelling Nazi, but this thread is a great example of mass stupidity. Goddamn.

:rolleyes: mass stupidity? werent you the moron who started the "how big is your penis" thread? :x gimmie a break this isnt an english grammer board. :no:

as others have said, its normal that ABS makes a grinding sound and the pedal shakes a bit. That info was obtained straight from the dealership because I wondered about that myself when I bought my car.

ABS has come in handy for me, but for my father, he won't get another car without them. He had a near accident where the ABS proved their worth. He was coming to a light..his light was green. Just as he was about to enter the intersection, a car ran the red but slammed on their brakes and stopped in the middle of the intersection. My dad slammed on the brakes, the ABS kicked in and allowed him to stear around the woman in the other car. By his words, he said that had he not had ABS, he would have broadsided her for sure.

Worthwhile is you ask me!

You won't stop faster when you skid. When you skid the temperature of the tires reaches a point where the rubber melts - and at this point you are basically riding on a thin layer of liquid, like hydro-skimming.

gimmie a break this isnt an english grammer board.

It's grammar :p

And I like the massage the pedal gives my foot when I use ABS. I actually use it more often than I should. :blush: :shifty: