[Official] Crysis Warhead

I just wish they wouldn't leve their drm on steam versions (bioshock did this too) Steams drm is better Not a huge amount of people pirate steam games compared to others and steams drm doesn't **** people off. If a developer puts a game ons steam they should just take out that securom bs because it will have no effect on a steam game. Install limits on the steam version is pointless.

...in which event he won't give you another. :laugh:

I'm cool with the DRM and all. That's completely fine with me. But give me a tool to actually control my DRM. They're my copies, and I want to be able to use them as I see fit.

Then again, I may be able to just copy the entire directory to my external hard drive and then put it on any other computer I need it for, but not sure.

That is the thing though. Maybe I'm completely wrong here, but I've always been under the impression that we do not own the games/software, that we are simply buying a license to use the software. Therefore, the game companies are well within their rights to dictate how we use their software. I could be totally wrong, but this is the view I've always had on ownership of software like games etc.

Jeeeeez, I dunno how you all are getting such good results.

AMD 64 X2 6000, 2GB, GF 7800 < 5fps on Gamer mode @ 1680x1050. ROFLMAO! It was a freaking slideshow.

Whatever.....I just bought the HD4850 and a new power supply. Lets hope that does better o_O

Jeeeeez, I dunno how you all are getting such good results.

AMD 64 X2 6000, 2GB, GF 7800 < 5fps on Gamer mode @ 1650x1080. ROFLMAO! It was a freaking slideshow.

Whatever.....I just bought the HD4850 and a new power supply. Lets hope that does better o_O

lol 7800, that's not gonna do past medium at 1680

:( but but!!

haha yeah I turned most settings to minimum and a few at medium. It was playable ...... just barely.

I am surprised you were expecting much of anything on a 7800.

I am about 2/3's through the game and so far I am loving it (loved Crysis too). Game has more action, more weapons, tougher AI (at least it seems tougher/more aggressive), new vehicles, new music...The game plays out more like a summer blockbuster action flick. I wish it was 15+hrs long though but its great.

I am getting anywhere from low 20's to mid 40's, probably averaging somewhere in the 30's with everything set to enthusiast @1680x1050. Looks freaking fantastic and plays very smooth. The thing about Cryengine2 is that it is a very smooth engine even when frames are in the 20's.

Crysis Warhead comes out in UK retail stores today, yep?

It is slated for the 19th in EU, 16th US and 25th AUS

Heres a screen grab, not the most interesting of places lol but I'm not much of an ingame photographer

post-235215-1221807170_thumb.jpg

Nice, being able to de authorize installs is something that really HAS to be included to make this type of drm plausible.

Anyone played crysis wars yet? how is it? I'm downloading it now on steam since I beat warhead.

I played Crysis Wars the other night, it runs like the first Crysis, at least on my system. Which is weird, it should run like Warhead but noo. It's fun, but if you cant run it at full FPS its hard to kill people on it. lol

for some reason warhead keep on dropping out of full screen mode and going into a window.. bloody annoying when im in a middle of a battle

Same here on Crysis. You have to go into Graphics, change it to run normally in fullscreen, save, then change it back, save. :(

Well at 1920x1080 I get 25-30 FPS in Enthusiast mode for everything in DX9, in DX10 it is 15-25FPS.

At 1680x1050 I get30fps pretty solid.

I have to say there's no stuttering like in Crysis, I don't notice much popup in the jungle, there is some but ONLY the leaves that are lighter coloured and single spread out about.

I?ll play tonight in DX10 1680x1050 I think as that should have the best balance of average FPS and Enthusiast settings.

Q6600 @ 3.1GHz, 8GB ram, HIS 4870 (not ocd) and a xonar d2x.

I have to say also that the sound quality kicks ass, I don't think I've heard sound this cinematic in a game before. very Hollywood and very precise.

Very nice!

I played Crysis Wars the other night, it runs like the first Crysis, at least on my system. Which is weird, it should run like Warhead but noo. It's fun, but if you cant run it at full FPS its hard to kill people on it. lol

Yeah they seem to be using the original crysis engine, you can't select very high in dx 9 in crysis wars.

Picked it up today after work 19th release here in UK, lotta bigger titles come Fridays for some reason. Anys so far so good deff faster pace than Crysis was and am just about to head off and try Crysis Wars.

Perfomance wise I can whip it up to Enthusiat in some of the early and queit bits np on my Nvid 9600 , Quadcore 6600 @3ghz. Tho np playing it on gamer and even then its georgous. Only real complaint is it seems to be a bit buggy and cause a blue bar at the bottom of the screen now and then, tho may have been from tweaking as I played.

Few folk have said Pyscho is a bit cheesy and so is the story in places and I guess the whole Nuke thing has been done before but Im still early in so probs a plot twist or two yet. So far tho enjoying it, even to say a wee bit more than original, tho maybe Im just caught up in the hype. Need to see what later games like :)

So far it's making me very happy to have upgraded my PC last week.

Q6600 @ 3.0ghz

4GB of RAM

Vistax64

geForec 9800 GX2

All Enthutiast settings @ 1680x1050 = 20 ? 30 FPS

All Gamer settings@ 1680x1050 = 35 ? 45 FPS

The game looks amazing on high settings, i?ve spent half the game drooling, I?ve played an hour and barely left the first level. I absolutely love the game. Im playing it on Gamer settings just because its much smoother, but either one looks amazing.

BTW, How do you switch between DirectX 10 and DirectX 9?

Running DX10 with everything on "Gamer" I believe it is? ( High ) and Postprocessing Very High in 1680x1050 on my old 8800 Ultra, 4GB Ram and x6800 Core2Extreme with a steady 30-40 FPS.

They have really done a great job, although some scenes have been smothered in fog and stuff like that to loosen up the FPS.