[35mm] Best Scanner for the Job?

Hi guys, I've recently started fiddling with photography and I want to transfer my old negatives to my computer. I've got the basic math down when it comes to changing the negatives into a full color render.

What i want to know is what scanner is best for the job of transferring my negatives in a optimal or HIGH resolution to my computer. Bases of your personal experience where can i get the most bang for my buck... My budget is around 100-170 USD. Thanks for the help guys :D.

Thanks for the reply giga. Do you own this scanner? Or have you ever used it? If so how easy is it to transfer negatives to my computer and get a color render?

Edit: Also, thanks for moving my thread to the proper place. :) .

Edited by WarLuigi

i've just finished using a "nikon coolscan v ed" and can say that it gave excellent results, but maybe out of your price range.

thing is though, i bought mine off ebay, and they are still selling for the same price, so hopefully it wont of cost me a thing (apart from postage)...

i've just finished using a "nikon coolscan v ed" and can say that it gave excellent results, but maybe out of your price range.

thing is though, i bought mine off ebay, and they are still selling for the same price, so hopefully it wont of cost me a thing (apart from postage)...

Now that is a good scanner. I would love to have that for my films.

Thanks giga.. I spent a total of three hours reading reviews and comparing it to a CanoScan 8800F, I think this might just be the way to go, I hope i don't mess up this purchase as I live outside the US and returning items is not that easy.