• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Hum    6,933

A pet owner has spent ?10,000 to hear her 13-year-old cat miaow again after it suffered a rare throat condition.

Jean Kelly, of Olney, Bucks, took her beloved Cadbury to see the vet when he suddenly lost his voice, reports the Daily Telegraph.

Cadbury was diagnosed with a paralysed larynx, which was blocking its throat, and required two operations to fix the condition.

After a stint in intensive care, six days in an oxygen tent, four months nursing care and regular check-ups, the cat had run up a bill of ?10,000.

Ms Kelly's insurance company Petplan paid ?6,000 of the costs, but she has been left to fork out the remaining ?4,000. She had to postpone a holiday to Namibia to pay for Cadbury's treatment.

"It was never about me - it was about Cadbury and his quality of life. I know he's not a young cat but I wanted to give him a fighting chance," Jean sa:cat:cat:

source

Kami-    178

crazy fool :o

StealMySoda    8

10$ says she lived on her own with the cat.

houlty    2

? 10,000 = $ 17,514. so its even crazier than you may think...

White Cuban    0

ill match and rise to 5000 that she has 500 more(cats) back at home :p

Numpad    0

whats actually wrong with giving an animal a better life? yeh it sounds crazy to spend so much money... but animals do become part of the family!

most people would just leave it or get it put down because they're not actually that commited to their pets

Kami-    178
whats actually wrong with giving an animal a better life? yeh it sounds crazy to spend so much money... but animals do become part of the family!

most people would just leave it or get it put down because they're not actually that commited to their pets

?10k or ?50 to have it put down... hm... hard choic;);)

smctainsh    2

I completely agree. If it were me, I'd probably do the same. :D

Steven

furby    0

Why not give a better quality of life to a human being? There are always kids on the news/paper who need money for a life saving operation.

That said it's her money /her life and if fixing the cat makes her happy I guess who am I to argue

Sethos    270

I'd pay ?10.000 to get our neighbours cat to STOP miaowing:hmmm::

Thankfully I have a softgun rifle.

Numpad    0

well, my point is if someone in your family needed an operation and you had the money... you'd pay right?

well, animals do become part of the family so why not give it a better life?

Hum    6,933

$20,000 would buy a lot of cats. :woot:

webeagle12    948
I'd pay ?10.000 to get our neighbours cat to STOP miaowing:hmmm::

Thankfully I have a softgun rifle.

I'll pay ?10.000 to make birds in the morning to st*u