Your favorite burger joint

State the location of said restaurant and what you recommend.

For me, it's the Squeeze Inn in Sacramento, CA. It's a very small place where you have to either sit at the counter or out back. The Squeeze Inn has been featured on the Food Network and has won various local awards. What makes them famous is the fact that they grill (and steam) the cheese in a square around the burger, called the "cheese skirt". The best burger I've ever had.

If you're ever in Sac and craving a world famous burger, check them out. Totally worth the crowd and the 15-20 minute wait. Ask for a Squeeze with Cheese. Go double if you're crazy hungry!

44827.jpg

That meal looks like a heart attack. :wacko:

I found this nice little Chinese place where they make everything in front of you. Cheap and healthy and most importantly, tastes delicious. :yes:

The only downside to this is that I'm the only one standing out. Everyone's Chinese except me. Hope to see more fellow Aussies on the tables.

Edited by AllMac

allmac - this is a burger thread...

i'd have to recommend Thurman's in Columbus, OH... really small bar w/ a great menu. their Thurman Burger is renown in Columbus. it's huge, greasy and just plain incredible.

post-34502-1223900458.jpg

::waits for "this is why americans are so fat" comments:: :p

Oh, I hate you people posting pictures, I could go for both of those right about now. Nothing sticks to the stomach like a good burger... Just about only meal you can have and not be hungry a few hours later.

The Big Easy in Chelsea, London - best burger I have tasted in my life. Nothing over the top, not overly stacked, no overbearing sauces - just an amazing well made burger.

Well, I don't have a lot of mom&pops burger joints around where I live. So, other than making my own burgers (which I like most of all) I'd have to say I like Chili's or Wood 'n Tap burgers the best. They're both totally heart-attack worthy, but man do they taste good.

burg_triplechsesmoke_tiltleft.gif

Been to 5guys, but only found it to be "pretty good" - but nothing too fantastic to make it to my "top burger list". (You'll see mine and probably want to make fun of the pics) :p /edit I will have to say though, fantastic fries and I can't knock them for using very fresh ingredients. It's probably one of the "safest" places you could take a burger fan because they shouldn't embarrass you for any reason whatsoever. ;)

I travel to a place a ways away called Solly's Grill:

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=615

Now...the thing is, the pictures might not look the greatest - and to be honest I think they make it look a little gross unfortunately. But the burgers are easily the best I've ever eaten. The butter just drips off of them and you basically have a few mini-heart attacks while eating them. The pics just don't do it justice because melted butter in and of itself doesn't look all that appetizing when it's sitting there pooled on a plate. But when you taste them......</Homer Simpson drool noises>

State the location of said restaurant and what you recommend.

For me, it's the Squeeze Inn in Sacramento, CA. It's a very small place where you have to either sit at the counter or out back. The Squeeze Inn has been featured on the Food Network and has won various local awards. What makes them famous is the fact that they grill (and steam) the cheese in a square around the burger, called the "cheese skirt". The best burger I've ever had.

If you're ever in Sac and craving a world famous burger, check them out. Totally worth the crowd and the 15-20 minute wait. Ask for a Squeeze with Cheese. Go double if you're crazy hungry!

44827.jpg

Born and raised in Sacramento, i never heard of that place though. My favorite spot however, is my BBQ grill and my pineapple, Guacamole, teriyaki, pepperjack cheese burgers

ripgut,

They're on Fruitridge and Power Inn. I only heard of them about 5 years ago; stopped in and fell in love. Scott's Burger Shack is also very tasty, just not as good (IMHO) as the Squeeze Inn.

ripgut,

They're on Fruitridge and Power Inn. I only heard of them about 5 years ago; stopped in and fell in love. Scott's Burger Shack is also very tasty, just not as good (IMHO) as the Squeeze Inn.

Must be a fairly new place, i grew up in that exact area, Hiram Johnson high school and Will c Wood attendee. Scott's is the bomb.

Must be a fairly new place, i grew up in that exact area, Hiram Johnson high school and Will c Wood attendee. Scott's is the bomb.

I grew up in Elk Grove. I heard about the Squeeze through word of mouth.

I think they started in the early 90's? I'm not sure about that, though. Next time I stop in there, I'll ask when they oppened. You know what? I think I might hit that place up for lunch!

My local kebab shop makes the best burgers ever, They make it from scratch infront of you. Its so awesome that on friday and saturday nights you have to wait in a line for around an hour.

drooling_homer.png

That looks bomb! It looks like it would be faster for me to go to Oregon, instead of Southern California to try one of these boys out!

For the record, I just had the Squeeze for lunch. Sorry for making people jealous. :p

Yeah its very tasty! They give you your order in a brown bag and its full of fries. A regular fry feeds up to 3 and a large could feed 6. They are amazingly good though that is why this place is so good.

The burgers come ordered how you like it, i think in that pic its fully loaded. I usually get lettuce, mayo, hot sauce on a bacon cheese burger mmmmmmmm :spindj: