GTA IV for PC (official)

I just tried out the latest patched version and it's a huge improvement. It feels like a brand new game. The shadows look a lot better, The image looks a lot sharper and the performance is noticeably improved.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I'm usually more interested in singleplayer than multiplayer, and I do have a few mods I like to use. They're mostly graphics and weather improvements, but regardless of that, if I can't use them I'll be pretty dissatisfied. Well, even if this is the case I'm sure the community will find a way around it.

Nevertheless, I'm going to reinstall the game soon and install the new patch. I've been meaning to pick the game up again anyway, so the patch was just an incentive to get me to do it sooner. rofl.gif

yup, the game will crash if you have any mods/trainers installed :D

I just tried out the latest patched version and it's a huge improvement. It feels like a brand new game. The shadows look a lot better, The image looks a lot sharper and the performance is noticeably improved.

Whats your GPU? I have heard across other forums that the latest patch reduces frame rates. Just want to confirm before installing it.

Whats your GPU? I have heard across other forums that the latest patch reduces frame rates. Just want to confirm before installing it.

I have an ATI 5850.

• 1 year later...

Hey. I'm on the 'Out of Commission' mission which I think is the last level where I drive a motorbike on the beach and have to climb on a helicopter. Trouble is, when it says 'repeatedly tap A to climb on' I do it but every time it doesn't work :( Anyone else experience this? What am I doing wrong?

• 5 weeks later...

I LOVE GTAIV.

Playing it on the PC, I received a XBOX for Windows Controller, and love it! SO much easier to play games with!!