Microsoft placing "I'm a PC" booths outside Apple stores

post-1302-1225478482_thumb.jpg

The Apple / Microsoft ad war keeps escalating -- while Apple continues to insist that John Hodgman is the human representation of all PCs, Microsoft is taking its populist approach to the streets. Very specific streets, actually -- it's placing "I'm a PC" recording booths outside of Apple stores, like the one pictured here in Birmingham, England. The booth is staffed with three 'Softies who'll try to sell you on the latest in Windows tech while making nyah-nyah faces at Apple store patrons, and guests are invited to make a short video explaining why they, too, are PCs. Not to be outdone, Apple has pledged to send Justin Long to your house to charmingly condescend to you about his various abilities while still pretending to be your best friend.

Source: Engadget

One has to admire Microsoft's subtle marketing strategy.

Hehe...

That looks REALLY like the Apple Store in the Bullring in Birmingham... my normal mecca for all things Apple as it's pretty close to where I live! :)

Very specific streets, actually -- it's placing "I'm a PC" recording booths outside of Apple stores, like the one pictured here in Birmingham, England. The booth is staffed with three 'Softies who'll try to sell you on the latest in Windows tech while making nyah-nyah faces at Apple store patrons, and guests are invited to make a short video explaining why they, too, are PCs.

Ahh - I'm right! It's a good place for that Microsoft booth - they get a hell of a lot of customers passing through there!

Genius.

(If Apple did the same thing if Microsoft had its own stores I'd say the exact same thing, too.)

Which is ironic yet funny because Apple is the underdog in the PC market.

Awesome ! Crude, but effective :p
This is awesome!
Hahaha, that's just awesome!
:rofl: thats awesome!
This is awesome. Go Microsoft!

I'm getting the feeling that this isn't very awesome...