• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Neowin Digital Gallery

crazzy88ss    66

Welcome to the Neowin photo gallery! Here you can post your pictures and discuss your photography techniques.

Please be mindful of our members on dial-up and try to keep the dimensions of the pics and the size of the files to a respectable size for 1024 x 768 viewers. Please refrain from quoting images in your replies.

I will also ask that you link to images on your own space, as much as possible.

Try to put more details from your camera settings and also talk about what you have done with photoshop.

There are a lot of photographers here that like your editing skills and would like to learn more.

Thanks!

-------------

I'll start!

2991152446_a485724ce5.jpg

http://flickr.com/photos/stephenkirsh/2991152446/

Bare SB600 lying on the floor in TTL fired using CLS

Yusuf M.    1,367

Potential lolcat picture. :p

2936308290_603b6ebdea_d.jpg

basix    0

2991493512_b7ac925fbc.jpg

1 Dot-It placed underneath

1 Red LED Penlight for effect

Exposure: 30 sec (30)

Aperture: f/4

Focal Length: 22.7 mm

ISO Speed: 80

highonsnow    15

img_1017_8_9-500x333.jpg

This is a Black and White rendering of a HDR I made of a lovely Rover 95 yesterday. The car is regularly used for weddings as you can probably tell from the small streamer on the left passenger door handle.

Taken in Co. Kerry, South West Ireland.

You'll see an entry containing this image on http://highonsnow.com/blog/

mutos    2

This's one of the my hdr photos.I used Photomatix for HDR & tonemapping.Than made color adjusments in Photoshop ;

HDR three exposures,

Curves,Levels,ColorBalance and layer blendings.Lastly Unsharp Mask.

I wish you'll like it.

post-86505-1225558189_thumb.jpg

basix    0

2993990980_2d99796989.jpg

- 12 Exposures @ +- 1 OEV for HDR

- Merge to HDR in Photoshop

- Leveled in Photoshop

- Removed a tree branch in in Photoshop

My first HDR attempt and technically challenging due to my camera's limited bracketing of 3 exposures. After I shot the first 3 at -2 OEV I changed it to -1.3 in order to capture the incrimental range between. This was repeated incrementaly all the way up to +2.0 so I could capture enough shots.

Edited by basix

o0moonman0o    54

2982367155_d71dd8b624.jpg?v=0

2993363636_3249129eca.jpg?v=0

2993083707_8ba0bb07d9.jpg

2993082699_97ba665b82.jpg

2993082291_b1e5ae017a.jpg

2993365328_49785070b1.jpg

2993364186_2e621c866a.jpg

Jordan Green    2

2993463110_9c3595dd5e.jpg

2988049888_13e704b907.jpg

mutos    2

Very nice moonman :)

Aperture    0
2993990980_2d99796989.jpg

- 12 Exposures @ +- 1 OEV for HDR

- Merge to HDR in Photoshop

- Leveled in Photoshop

- Removed a tree branch in in Photoshop

My first HDR attempt and technically challenging due to my camera's limited bracketing of 3 exposures. After I shot the first 3 at -2 OEV I changed it to -1.3 in order to capture the incrimental range between. This was repeated incrementaly all the way up to +2.0 so I could capture enough shots.

12 exposures for something you can capture in 1? You're doing it wrong!

crazzy88ss    66

ooo mac's 666th post!

basix    0
12 exposures for something you can capture in 1? You're doing it wrong!

Congratulations on being critical with your 666.

Of course you would know that I did it wrong, because you were there to see it without editing. Besides, as long as I like it... then I never did it wrong!

Oh I wanted to be a dick too so I checked out your HDR but I liked it. :devil:

Prince Charming    163
Congratulations on being critical with your 666.

Of course you would know that I did it wrong, because you were there to see it without editing. Besides, as long as I like it... then I never did it wrong!

Oh I wanted to be a dick too so I checked out your HDR but I liked it. :devil:

It was a fair point actually. You use exposure blending of overexposed and underexposed images to produce an image without the blown highlights or clipped shadows that you would normally have, hence high dynamic range, because your image contains more data that would normally be outside the camera's dynamic range. If your subject was very much within the camera's dynamic range, which a sky is, with a fairly even exposure across the scene, there's not that much need for a twelve exposure HDR shot. You're not going to get any more detail in it, more likely to lose detail due to motion differences between layers.

It's still a nice sky photo though. Very relaxing. :)

basix    0
It was a fair point actually. You use exposure blending of overexposed and underexposed images to produce an image without the blown highlights or clipped shadows that you would normally have, hence high dynamic range, because your image contains more data that would normally be outside the camera's dynamic range. If your subject was very much within the camera's dynamic range, which a sky is, with a fairly even exposure across the scene, there's not that much need for a twelve exposure HDR shot. You're not going to get any more detail in it, more likely to lose detail due to motion differences between layers.

It's still a nice sky photo though. Very relaxing. :)

I actually did it with 5 at first, it was only after swapping some of the exposures that I decided that the picture didn't work the way I wanted so I through them all together and yes obviously it produces ghosting. This just isn't the typical result from the conversion process and I can admit that. THX BTW

Aperture    0

What's wrong with being critical?

superzap    0
d00b42c60e.jpg

basix    0
What's wrong with being critical?

Nothing if you express it honestly and preferably with substance based on your own experience. Criticism is welcome when it's constructive, not when it is pointed.

I looked through your photostream and noticed your vignette useage in the 18th birthday set, was it achieved by hand or a plugin? Some users don't take to it well, but me.... it makes me try harder : )

Aperture    0
Nothing if you express it honestly and preferably with substance based on your own experience. Criticism is welcome when it's constructive, not when it is pointed.

I looked through your photostream and noticed your vignette useage in the 18th birthday set, was it achieved by hand or a plugin? Some users don't take to it well, but me.... it makes me try harder : )

It was honest, a little brief and to the point, but as Pandya pointed out before I had chance, there was reasoning behind my criticism.

I lightroomed all the photographs and applied my own preset to them which includes a vignette that... If I remember correctly, was tweaked a little per photo

houlty    2

somebody can't accept critiscm :whistle:

mutos    2
d00b42c60e.jpg

Very well my friend :).Nice focus and emotion , perfect.

And so i like the canvas.

:cool:

Pink Floyd    15

Please do not start a war in here. Write your opinion and get ready to be criticized also

Yusuf M.    1,367

superzap: Very nice photo. What lens (and camera) did you use? The blurred background really brings out the subject. I love it! :yes:

Diffused Mind    0
superzap: Very nice photo. What lens (and camera) did you use? The blurred background really brings out the subject. I love it! :yes:

Canon 40D with a 70-200mm f/4, I assume. The photo was shot at 200mm @ f/4.

spacey    4

3007065718_647615dcd8.jpg

Click it for a bit more information...