Windows 7 and Creative X-Fi

I don't use Win7, but it SHOULD have a Vista compatibility mode (aka right click>preferences>compatibility) like Vista had XP compatible mode, which basically fakes something to make most installers work. :o

The install quits out and says I need to be running Vista.

Try right clicking on the installation file > click Properties > Compatibility Tab > check "Run this program in compatibility for" > select "Windows Vista RTM" > OK and then try running the setup again.

does your mic work?

i've got an auzen prelude (x-fi) which installs, but the mic refuses to work :(

i've not tried installing with vista rtm compatibility yet tho as the drivers appear to install normally, so i may try that l8r

reinstalling the drivers in compatibility mode didn't work :(

it's rly strange, i can hear myself in the mic if i enable it in the speaker properties, levels list.

but in the sound control panel recording tab, the soundbar shows no movement when speaking into the mic and skype doesn't hear anything.

[edit]

i found i can get the soundbar to register microphone input if i set the mic default format to "2 channel, 24 bit, 96000 Hz (Studio Quality)"....

but then skype crashes or it's just a kind of static noise played back when trying the test call, lol :rolleyes:

Try showing Hiden Files and folders wait for the program to extract in a temp folder and then copy the folder out to a new folder and install the drivers manually in the device manager (Instead of running the installer)

My problem is that I can't get 5.1 sound, only stereo. I first tried loading up the vista cd and all loaded fine but only 2 front speakers worked the others were not highlited in the speakers and headphone section of the console launcher. Then the update would not work at all. Next I reinstalled and tried the beta drivers and the same thing happened. Then I reinstalled and tried the Danial K drivers and the same thing happens! Has anyone got 5.1 to work?

my old creative soundblaster 5.1 OEM card is working fine under Windows 7 however its still locked to stereo mode and can't use 5.1 as usual with vista drivers.

I forgot to mention that I also tried the onboard sound of my Intel 975XBX2 motherboard and also only stereo, no 5.1 sound. I guess this is a Windows 7 issue, not just a Creative issue. Has anyone got 5.1 sound to work?

if i install the prelude drivers in vista rtm compatibility mode, then i only get stereo sound. despite the sound control panel saying 5.1, the sounds only come from the front left/right speakers.

if i install the prelude drivers without compatibility selected and just install as an admin, 5.1 works properly.

unfortunately, i've still been unable to get my microphone to work properly in 7

Try showing Hiden Files and folders wait for the program to extract in a temp folder and then copy the folder out to a new folder and install the drivers manually in the device manager (Instead of running the installer)

Its the way I've installed many Creative drivers...

if i install the prelude drivers in vista rtm compatibility mode, then i only get stereo sound. despite the sound control panel saying 5.1, the sounds only come from the front left/right speakers.

if i install the prelude drivers without compatibility selected and just install as an admin, 5.1 works properly.

unfortunately, i've still been unable to get my microphone to work properly in 7

That was the 2nd way I tried to install and still sound only in the left and right. So will Auzentech drivers work for Creative X-Fi cards? I don't use my microphone anyway but would love 5.1 sound.