Windows 7 Vista Style FINAL

Great theme, have used and updated each time you've improved it, however, this last update seems to have changed the spacing of the icons in the task bar.

I had the MinWidth reg tweak setup for the previous update which worked great, and still manitained the Desktop icon spacing as normal (I place the desktop in the taskbar and hide the icons). However with the current update, the spacing is huge, I have removed the MinWidth reg entry which helped draw them togeather a bit more, but they are still spaced pretty wide, to the point where I needed to remove about 4-6 shortcuts.

Any hints as to where in the theme files I can find the spacing setting and reduce it? (see the attached ss)

Thanks

StanP

post-4634-1234293340.jpg

Great theme, have used and updated each time you've improved it, however, this last update seems to have changed the spacing of the icons in the task bar.

I had the MinWidth reg tweak setup for the previous update which worked great, and still manitained the Desktop icon spacing as normal (I place the desktop in the taskbar and hide the icons). However with the current update, the spacing is huge, I have removed the MinWidth reg entry which helped draw them togeather a bit more, but they are still spaced pretty wide, to the point where I needed to remove about 4-6 shortcuts.

Any hints as to where in the theme files I can find the spacing setting and reduce it? (see the attached ss)

Thanks

StanP

Hello mate and thank you for your good comments. :)

About the space in the quick lunch i made it that big cause this is the way on windows 7 is.

If you want you can download the style with normal taskbar and less spacing in the QL

post-241878-1234369170_thumb.jpg

About the space in the quick lunch i made it that big cause this is the way on windows 7 is.

If you want you can download the style with normal taskbar and less spacing in the QL

Thanks muchly DJ. Appreciate the update.....keep up the great work. :rolleyes:

StanP

Thanks but can you not just reset the quicklaunch back to default width or at least tell people how to do it, i love your theme but i have loads of icons in quicklaunch and they take up half of my taskbar and im running 1920x1200 so thats bad.

Yeah the width of the buttons is set to allow the HUGE buttons like in Windows 7, not everyone wants that shame the theme creator doesnt really care or i would be using this theme.

• 3 weeks later...
The style has been updated 15/03/2009. :)

Thank you for your nice theme.

However, you're going to release a normal taskbar version for users (like me) that don't like the bloated "Superbar" sitting on bottom of the screen? Would be awesome.

I had the MinWidth reg tweak setup for the previous update which worked great,

If this is the same tweak I found on Vistax64 forum, it makes the icons on the taskbar look similar to W7 but if you should make your own toolbar from a folder and have "show text" enabled, after the tweak you won't see any text. You have to hover the mouse to get the tooltip for the name of each folder. Here's a screen shot of what I mean with text enabled:

post-275794-1237313260.jpg

btw, the minwidth tweak may not necessarily be a bad thing. Customizing my icons for each category I got a more compact toolbar. Just wanted people to be aware of the side-effect.

post-275794-1237401444.jpg

+1

Anyway I find Windows 7 Build 7057 a much... better theme :yes:

Yeah, I think everyone would rather have a Superbar that worked. :)

Got this theme to work. Looks nice.

I did the W7 beta for awhile. I, like most, was amazed when it installed and ran on my 1 GB ram Pentium 4 XP machine. Then I realized the beta is the Ultimate edition. If you put Home Premium or the equivalent on the same machine the install isn't likely to be so optimized. When I put the beta on my Vista machine other than the Superbar it felt exactly the same as running Vista Home Premium. So I laid my Vista back on after I got bored.

I would've left it on longer but it didn't want to serve my printer driver over the network. So it was a pita to copy files just to print.

Yet you still ignore people asking for a normal width quicklaunch version, you can stick your theme.

You can get a similar effect using Vista Diamond Final. Just use the same registry tweak but set MinWidth to -255 and use small icons on the QuickLaunch/Taskbar. I use a double height taskbar because I like to put lots of hotkey gizmos in my quick launch. The Taskbar icons look like Superbar only smaller. Plus I think the Vista Diamond has very nice blue glassy scrollbars and a bit more transparency than this one.

+1

Anyway I find Windows 7 Build 7057 a much... better theme :yes:

You didn't notice that he is using my theme with some of his awfull mods and he don't even admit it. ;)

Also if you don't want the big space in quick lunch area then do not use windows 7 too.

You didn't notice that he is using my theme with some of his awfull mods and he don't even admit it. ;)

Also if you don't want the big space in quick lunch area then do not use windows 7 too.

It is not awfull at all and by the way you are using Microsoft Windows 7 theme resources and I don't hear them complaining about it yet, so stop you like to go around pointing out that people are using your theme when you are doing the same with Microsoft W7 Theme.

Grow up! and listen to people when they ask you to change something in your theme telling them not to use it if they don't like i is not cool at all.

It is not awfull at all and by the way you are using Microsoft Windows 7 theme resources and I don't hear them complaining about it yet, so stop you like to go around pointing out that people are using your theme when you are doing the same with Microsoft W7 Theme.

Grow up! and listen to people when they ask you to change something in your theme telling them not to use it if they don't like i is not cool at all.

Hey mate did i say anything about what resources he is using? I think no, so you have to grow up mate start reading the post again.

He is using My taskbar buttons and MY windows 7 Taskbar and MY window borders.

I know that they are my resources cause i also have the psds of them.

Also i can assure you that if i find a theme with windows 7 resources and with none of my original resources in i will not write anything.

Check my deviantArt gallery to see that yourself.

Yet you still ignore people asking for a normal width quicklaunch version, you can stick your theme.

Or people asking for a normal taskbar version which has formerly been around as this thread proves.

If you want to duplicate the looks of 7 you better duplicate all of it, and it is a matter of fact that in 7 (Public Beta, no idea about the leaked interim builds) I can actually set the SuperBar to look like as it does in Vista.

And while we're talking about this theme ... the version before the current one had a bug. When the mouse cursor is hovering above the menubar in an application (File, Edit, ...) you don't see the canvas around it, which is quite irritating as it affects all apps. Hopefully this is fixed in the current version of the theme.