Windows 7 Vista Style FINAL

Did you not make a backup copy of explorer.exe? If not, you could always use your vista install disc to repair the install.

Did you not make a backup copy of explorer.exe? If not, you could always use your vista install disc to repair the install.

i made a backup of them and replaced them and still have crashes. how do i repair from the disk ? is there a certain command to run ?

No, you don't. Read that page, you don't need to have system restore enabled to use the repair installation. Try google, it will help you tremendously.

Hmm, when I try to use this theme I only get the basic style, no aero...

Edit. Used TuneUp 2009 Styler to get it :) looking good :)

Are you able to use other visual styles without encountering this problem?

If you are talking to me, then yes, it was only this theme that done it. It would also select another theme when I tried to double click it lol.

You installed the modded system files? Did you make sure to take them from the x64 folder?

okay im going to try this style again. what files do i install to where on my vista x64 system ? i already know where to put the theme but not the dll's.

okay im going to try this style again. what files do i install to where on my vista x64 system ? i already know where to put the theme but not the dll's.

There is a folder that comes in the main zip file titled "x64 system files." Those are the files you want to use when replacing the system files on your vista64 install.

There is a folder that comes in the main zip file titled "x64 system files." Those are the files you want to use when replacing the system files on your vista64 install.

okay but where do i place the files at ? i take it the rest of the folders i don't touch then, just the x64 one ?

Correct, the other folders are for x86 installs. If you used those files the previous time, that would explain your problems.

Nice work. I really like the thinner taskbar. Makes the theme look much cleaner. Have you noticed that the caption buttons on Windows 7 are slightly different? They are larger than the ones on vista. Just thought I'd point out. I installed build 6956 the other day and noticed them immediately.