VNC on Windows 7

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it but I'm having problems setting up NAT on a VM in Windows 7 6801. It's on my list to investigate over the weekend so I'll report back if I find anything that may be interesting for you.

Chris

Real VNC works using Enterprise 4.3.2 for remote control into a win 7 box (this is the full Vista compatible version), for connecting to other systems, the client program doesn't work, but if you happen to have Enterprise 4.1.9 this one will do the trick. (This one will not work for access into the box, as ctrl+alt+delete doesn't work (also not in Vista or Server 2008).

Regarding nat on Vm, if you are using vmware, don't bother checking, the vmware stack is broken. Bridged network doesn't work at all (cannot find the nic), NAT seems to work when doing a ping, but IE8 will bail out with connection errors.

Solved it by using a USB wireless adapater hooked to the vm.

Real VNC works using Enterprise 4.3.2 for remote control into a win 7 box (this is the full Vista compatible version), for connecting to other systems, the client program doesn't work, but if you happen to have Enterprise 4.1.9 this one will do the trick. (This one will not work for access into the box, as ctrl+alt+delete doesn't work (also not in Vista or Server 2008).

Regarding nat on Vm, if you are using vmware, don't bother checking, the vmware stack is broken. Bridged network doesn't work at all (cannot find the nic), NAT seems to work when doing a ping, but IE8 will bail out with connection errors.

Solved it by using a USB wireless adapater hooked to the vm.

If I use the 4.4.3 enterprise edition it will work on windows 7??

• 1 month later...
If I use the 4.4.3 enterprise edition it will work on windows 7??

I'm using RealVNC 4.4.2 and iPod's VNC to connect to pc and it and it works perfectly. Even better than on winXP (random disconnects and freezes)

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem until I tried the old 4.1.3 version. I can't get encryption to work (haven't installed the latest version and entered my key so that might be the problem) but other than that it works fine. An updated version would be even better though but in the mean time I'll use this one. It used to be available on the official download page but not anymore so I uploaded it.

http://www.4shared.com/file/80093846/1ea66...n32_viewer.html

I had trouble also, so I went back to 4.1.3, I use the Enterprise edition viewer with encryption and had no problems, server is using the latest version.