What is better KDE or GNOME???

33 members have voted

1. 1. What is better KDE or GNOME???

• KDE is better
    • GNOME is better

I'll side with GNOME for now to answer the question directly. Its built better and is faster in my opinion though KDE might be a bit easier to use it really depends on which you prefer.

My personal preference and - If you really decide to go more experimental - you could just go without KDE and GNOME and use a window manager like Window Maker or Enligtenment. I really prefer Enlightenment. Its more eye candy and is a bit heavier on resources (but its pretty!) but its still faster than GNOME or KDE. I prefer this option since most of time i'm in X I'm using a terminal shell and not the GUI like in KDE or GNOME.

If you're new to linux use KDE or GNOME. Try both. They're both good. Some like one over the other. GNOME and KDE both use a windows interface. So unless you really want to manually configure text files (or don't want to face the possibility) and you're used to windows and you like the windows interface, use KDE or GNOME: trust me its easier.

I am at NeoWin right? Or at the NeoLux website, where winchers wine 'bout features they've never got?

Jees guys, get real.

WIN wins over all the KDE or GTI or GTS or KKK's.

See, it's already in the name..................

And perhaps Admin can put a new site up for NeoLux, e.g www.neolux.net

this so we won't be bothered here with uninteresting subjects.

Goodday!

I'd say Enlightenment + KDE, or Blackbox + KDE :)

What do I mean by that? You compile a KDE libs so that you can use certain KDE application with Enlightenment or Blackbox as your Windows Manager. :)

On a WIN site, LUX is plain not done.

That just has to go elswhere, so true WINeans aren't bothered with such uninteresting and unrelated info.

And as (links on) the main page doesn't distinguesh WIN pages from LUX pages, the above seems very reasonable and the appropiate next step for NeoWin to do.

So Admin, get crackin' at it. And relief us from such haywire.

KDE for stability since it has rarely ever crashed on me, although everything is really slow on it, and i like Gnome's interface but buggy, but on KDE it shows mp3 files as an unknown file association while Gnome knows an mp3 is a music file

Although Windows XP is the Best of all of the OS's out there..... Linux Mandrake is really Cool, alot of features, more graphic details, etc, i think MS should make a WinLinux 2005 :D.. Cause I think MS and Linux Both ROX!

I would use GNOME if it was as customizable as KDE
If you need to use GNOME's application, just compile GNOME libs and then the application that you want to use. You can use it with KDE.. :)

configure: That is what i'm doing :). But I hope I can switch to gnome soon enough as I like a lot of the aspects of it, just I don't like how a lot of the settings aren't available for changing without looking through config files.

Do you know what changes are planned for Gnome 2.0? I haven't heard much about it :(

If you're using Gnome, don't make the Nautilus file manager your desktop. Otherwise, everything will screw up! I just found out the source of my Gnome problems about a week ago. ;)

• 1 month later...

is admin forcing you to come into this part of the forum?

thats what i thought.

Originally posted by TMS

On a WIN site, LUX is plain not done.

That just has to go elswhere, so true WINeans aren't bothered with such uninteresting and unrelated info.

And as (links on) the main page doesn't distinguesh WIN pages from LUX pages, the above seems very reasonable and the appropiate next step for NeoWin to do.

So Admin, get crackin' at it. And relief us from such haywire.