Diskeeper 2009

Diskeeper 2009 Key Features:

• Real-Time Defragmentation automatically handles performance-robbing fragmentation as it occurs. There is no need for scheduling or manual defrag.
  • New! InvisiTasking technology advances ensure no resource conflict whatsoever while performing the above operations. Now supports Diskeeper to consolidate files even faster on busy systems.
  • New! I-FAAST 2.0 boosts access speeds for your most frequently used files (by an additional 10% - 80%). Now available in Diskeeper Professional edition.
  • New! Powerful Free Space Defragmentation Engine has been enhanced to increase file-write performance.
  • Low Free Space Defrag Engine ensures that even when you have less than 1% free space you can still defragment your volumes.
  • New! Terabyte Volume Engine technology rapidly eliminate tens of thousands to millions of fragments found on drives from 60 GB on up. Now available in Diskeeper Pro Premier edition.
  • New! MOM/SCOM integration1 Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) and Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM) allow monitoring and management of computers interconnected by networks. Diskeeper provides MOM/SCOM with numerous alerts, reports and the ability to manage and control product settings and configurations.
  • Frag Shield? 2.0 boosts reliability by automatically preventing crash-inducing fragmentation of critical system files.

Website

Press Release

Looks like a solid update! Some of the features from the '08 ProPremier like the file sequencer seem to have made it to the '09 Pro version, along with 64 bit support for the Home version too. I shall download and give this new version a shot this weekend.

I've currently use '08 pro, and always liked Diskeeper the best; never had a single problem with it.

JKDefrag handles my defragmentation no issue. But that is of course because Vista handles Fragmentation very well anyway. No need to defrag more then once every six months or after a huge system cleanup, installationm, uninstallation party :p

lolwut

+1

JKDefrag handles my defragmentation no issue. But that is of course because Vista handles Fragmentation very well anyway. No need to defrag more then once every six months or after a huge system cleanup, installationm, uninstallation party :p

+1

im with you guys.... overall i prefer JKDefrag cause it's FREE and does it's job well enough without taking 10 years to defrag the system either after the initial defrag.

cause in my opinion for the average home user... paying for Defrag software is not worth it when FREE stuff does the job just as good.

JKDefrag might not appeal to some people who prefer a pretty interface or want options cause in order to select a specific drive you have to use switches... for example i use this... "C:\JkDefrag-3.36\JkDefrag.exe" -l "" C:\ .... which basically makes it so it dont keep a log file and it only defrag's my C drive... in general on first defrag run of JKDefrag it's recommended to use the "-a 7" switch in there to. after that you can run it in it's default state.

in general on first defrag run of JKDefrag it's recommended to use the "-a 7" switch in there to. after that you can run it in it's default state.

-a 7

Remind me what that switch does...

-a 7

Remind me what that switch does...

quote from JKDefrag's website... "Optimize by sorting all files by name (folder + filename)." = "-a 7" (without the " )

here's another quote...

" What is the best defragmentation/optimization strategy for me?

My advice for all computers is to run JkDefrag once with the "-a 7" optimization (sort by name), and from then on automatically every day with the default "-a 3" fast-optimize option. "

so basically run it once with "-a 7" and then future stuff just run it straight up as by default it does the "-a 3" for you automatically without any switches.

defragging: because some people still want to believe they're using fat32.

:laugh: Well timed!

I prefer Auslogics Defrag. Free and does as good a job as Diskeeper. Or at least I have never seen any sort of advantage or speed increase after running Diskeeper or Perfectdisk.

• 1 month later...

I though programmes like Diskeeper were preferred to progs like jk defrag because it works in the background keeping your disk from getting fragmented so you never have to run a defrag session that takes ages. However doesnt the built in defrag that comes with vista and Windows 7 do that too?

:laugh: Well timed!

I prefer Auslogics Defrag. Free and does as good a job as Diskeeper. Or at least I have never seen any sort of advantage or speed increase after running Diskeeper or Perfectdisk.

That is what I have been using for a year now. It's simple and light weight. Has anyone installed Perfectdisk on Win7? It seems like it has compatibility issues. Maybe the upcoming v10 will fix that.

I though programmes like Diskeeper were preferred to progs like jk defrag because it works in the background keeping your disk from getting fragmented so you never have to run a defrag session that takes ages. However doesnt the built in defrag that comes with vista and Windows 7 do that too?

When using the internet, there are always files being downloaded each time you view a page or watch a youtube video, ad these files eventually end up being deleted when you clear out the temp folder. There is no point in defragging these files at all in realtime as it is just a waste cpu power.

There is a built in degrag for windows, but they are not as good as other programs out there.

I loved Diskeeper because it's automatically defrag your hard drive every now and then on the background (when there are no processes running in your CPU). It always keeps your harddrive healthy

When using the internet, there are always files being downloaded each time you view a page or watch a youtube video, ad these files eventually end up being deleted when you clear out the temp folder. There is no point in defragging these files at all in realtime as it is just a waste cpu power.

There is a built in degrag for windows, but they are not as good as other programs out there.

Its amazing to me that we are at Windows 7 and they still havent included a good built in defrag programme!! Why the hell spend so much time making built in media players etc and updating Paint! but dont bother with a programme to help keep your system running smoothly!!!