The Official Neowin NHL Playoff Thread

Cup Crazy 2003

Devils / ducks : Devils Lead 2 - 0

----------------

End of a Legacy

Well guys, this year's playoffs come to a close for this Hockey Fan... With a four game sweep of the Detroit Red Wings and a soft burst of air, the time for celebration and hope has ended. The cup will of course move on to some other team, most likely in a city entirely undeserving of it's legacy and history, but at this point little matters.

I expect to read in tomorrow's papers about riots and looting in the great city of Detroit in the following, unavoidable, mass hysteria which follows this type of loss...but I suppose it serves to show us one thing... Even if your entire team sucks, you can still win a series on Goaltending alone.

It was fun while it lasted guys, there is always next year.

,Apr 6 2003, 18:58] I'm going with the Colorado Avs! Avs all the way woot!!

Right behind ya man, Avalanche all the way!

Av's Suck !

They will certainly get a lot of Injuries coming up against Minnesota, I'm glad Vancouver finished fourth, as we can avoid the clutching, grabbing and overall dirty play of the Wild.

Detroit all the way. Pavel Datsyk is practically the jesus of hockey. Maybe if CuJo stops sucking it up, we could go through the playoffs and win the Stanley cup in 16 straight wins.

Congrats to the Ottawa Senators and Dallas Stars on their winning of their respective divisions...

But now with that all said and done...

So What.

The real season begins now. Yes boys and girls, it's playoff time where every game truly does count...

From the East, we have the President Trophy winning Ottawa Senator's leading the attack against the powerhouses of the West...

And now, for your playoff lineups as reported by ESPN.com

Eastern Conference

Ottawa vs NY Islanders

New Jersey vs Boston

Tampa Bay vs Washington

Philadelphia vs Toronto

----

Western Conference

Dallas vs Edmonton

Detroit vs Anaheim

Vancouver vs Minnesota

Colorado vs St. Louis

-------------------------

Now, let the picks begin...

Detroit vs Ottawa :: Detroit in 7

Vancouver & Ottawa in an all Canadian Final.

Western Conference

Dallas vs Edmonton

Detroit vs Anaheim

Colorado vs Minnesota

Vancouver vs St Louis

Remember people...

Friends don't let friends support the Avs.

A public service announcement, brought to you by HockeyTown

Remember people...

A public service announcement, brought to you by HockeyTown

LMAO Cara! :p

Redwings :)

well, after last year, i was kinda hopeful the sharks would at least get in the playoffs, but they pretty much hit rock bottom this season. So i guess ill vote for my second favorite team, the avs, cuz i like forsberg and sakic.

It all about the LEAFS .. they aren't as injury plagued as they were last year .. last year Roberts, Corson, Sundin, Reichel, Renberg, and 6 other starters were out and they went all the ways to the Conference Semi's .. this year they are all back in Fine form .. theres a few injuryed leafs .. Nolan, Wesley, Housley, Gilmour .. but all these guys are all new guys and they'll be back anytime now .. so they will be much stronger than they were last year .. and with a Eddie kicking more ass then Cujo who was a major let down last playoffs, we are looking on bringing the Cup where it belongs .. In Toronto .. Stanley Cup #14 ... here we come !!!! :cool:

To set the mood for the playoffs, allow me to post an all time arena favorite!

The Good Ole Hockey Game

Hello out there we're on the air, it's hockey night tonight

The whistle blows & the tension grows and the puck goes down the ice

The goalie jumps and the players bump & the fans all goes insane

Someone roars the Red Wings score at the good old hockey game

Chorus

Oh the good old hockey game is the best game you can name

And the best name you can name is the good old hockey game

2nd Period

Where players dance with skates that flash the home team trails behind

But they grab the puck & go bursting up & they're down across the line

They storm the creese like bumble bees they travel like a burning flame

We see them slide the puck inside it's a one one hockey game

Chorus

3rd Period ... Last game of the playoffs too!

Oh take me where those hockey players face off down the rink

And the Stanley cup is all filled up for the champs who win the drink

Now the final flick of a hockey stick and one gigantic scream

The puck is in the Red Wings win the good old hockey game

Chorus

Heads up... He shoots he scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you all enjoyed it. ;) You didn't have to listen to me sing it out while I was typing either! ;)

Edit: Of course, when the Wings are the home team the song changes just a bit. ;)

To all of those who said Ottawa in the Finals .. thas beautiful scene having a Candian Team in the Final .. ur wish will be granted .. it won't be Ottawa they will be knocked out in the 2nd round by the team that has kicked them outta of how many playoffs in a row now .. its 4 now isn't it .. i'm losing count its happened so many times .. poor Sens .. they worked so hard too ... oh well ..and all you Detriot Pushers .. CUJO SUCKS!!! .. he hasn't had a good playoffs since the Edmonton days .. this coming from a guy who has seen him play in TO for the last 5 years .. you need a goalie with Experience .. a goalie who makes a habit of coming up big in the playoffs .. someone like Brodeur .. or Eddie the Freakin Eagle!!! ... and Nucks .. they would make it far .. they have a good hardworking team .. but the thing is they are a one line team .. that line is shut down its over .. personally i don't think they will be shutdown .. but they goaltending blows .. so they will only go as far as there goalie can support them

Finals:

Toronto vs. Detriot/Dallas .. this all depends on Marty Turko .. but either way TO will be waiting

I'd love to see a Detroit / Toronto Match-up. My two favorite NHL teams. ;)

Detroit will win of course.

As for Eddie "I like to get drunk and beat up cops" Belfour, he's ok but just wait til after his 'We're in the play-offs celebration' He will be so drunk he'll end up getting into some trouble. Has happened every year for so many years.

Extra credit to the first team to knock out Turco. ;) Without him, Dallas will betray their wet and squishy noodle side. :spell:

As for Eddie "I like to get drunk and beat up cops" Belfour, he's ok but just wait til after his 'We're in the play-offs celebration'  He will be so drunk he'll end up getting into some trouble.  Has happened every year for so many years.

Don't u worry he's sober .. after the cup win he can go buck wild .. and we'll give him all the beer he wants for free ... bring on the billion dollar bribes eddie .. we goin to the Promised Land .. Lord Stanley's Cup is OURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone knows that the Oilers are bringing the cup home this year! Damn right, Hemske and Smyth... its ass kickin time!