My NEW HDTV!

Before I went to bed last night, I thought to myself.. i'll be home for the next month watching movies, playing games, waiting till college starts back up (aside from working part time), that I thought, why not buy a new TV to keep me entertained.

My current 37" 1080i (ha, yes i) doesn't cut it anymore, and with previous "image burn" problems with my current tv, I wanted a massive upgrade.

So I went out and purchased a brand new Sony Bravia 52" 1080p @ 120Hz model: KDL52W4100

post-42644-1229370184.jpg

I don't have to pay anything on it for 1 year (after that, I got to pay interest, but i'll end up paying it off this summer).

I talked the sales guy to give me a blu-ray player for $100 (BDPS350), which also came with 3 free blu-ray movies, but I purchased The Dark Knight on top of it all :)

The TV was too big to fit into my car, so it is being delivered tomorrow morning :o

post-42644-1229370446.jpg

That's Huge. I just bought a 37" Bravia myself. A friend of mine is jealous cause he paid 30% more than I did and got only a 32". Mines paid off BTW. :)

I originally wanted something around 40-50" mark, but the 52" was a great price, plus a blu-ray player for $100.. so I had to take the offer :p

Not a bad idea, and I doubt it would turn into any war.

People are usually just in "awe" when people get sweet HDTV setups, as opposed to trying to "flame" people over brands/styles. The show off your gaming setup topic is very popular.

I'm sure quite a few people will be getting new setups over Christmas as well (Y)

I create one now. Let's see how it turns out.

Pffft, I would've gotten a bigger one...... :p

Enjoy man!

:| This one is TOO BIG dude.. and I am thinking of getting a 46", so I can watch TV without getting a headache :p

:| This one is TOO BIG dude.. and I am thinking of getting a 46", so I can watch TV without getting a headache :p

Go ahead and send it my way. I'll trade you my 42" plasma. Sound like a fair deal? ;)

Oh wow, 52" is huge, good luck and for best viewing isnt it recommended you watch movies further away from the screen for quality.

ha.. yeah "recommended". Just kidding.. It is all about how it looks and performs really. I might of been sitting a bit too close

nice buy man . also did ya buy any BD movies and is that a new BD Live player

Yeah, I got 3 free movies:

- The devil wears prada

- iRobot

- Kingdom of Heaven

2 of them I didn't really want, nor have I watched those two, but iRobot is decent.

I also picked up The Dark Knight

and yes, my blu-ray player has BD Live

I bought a 47" in the summer, and I only had a medium sized apartment in the UK. At first it was overwhelming, but nowadays, I'm thinking I'd like to up the ante some more... Can't beat having a huge 1080p TV, especially if you're a console gamer! :)

Send your old TV to my address; would you kindly! :shiftyninja:

HAHA.. my 37" is going to be wall-mounted in the kids playroom

Nice! I got the KDL-40W4000 and the Sony BDP-S550 and I'm absolutely blown away by it. The 40" seems gargantuan so I can't even comprehend what the 52" version must be like. I sit about 8-10ft away from my screen and it's JUST about right.

Watching the Dark Knight blu-ray was a rather eye opening experience, and playing my Xbox now is a thoroughly immersing experience. For those sitting on the fence, who still own <30" CRT's and have the money to do it, I really think now is the time. Watch one decent Blu-Ray movie and you will want one! :)

Nice! I got the KDL-40W4000 and the Sony BDP-S550 and I'm absolutely blown away by it. The 40" seems gargantuan so I can't even comprehend what the 52" version must be like. I sit about 8-10ft away from my screen and it's JUST about right.

Watching the Dark Knight blu-ray was a rather eye opening experience, and playing my Xbox now is a thoroughly immersing experience. For those sitting on the fence, who still own <30" CRT's and have the money to do it, I really think now is the time. Watch one decent Blu-Ray movie and you will want one! :)

We have very similar set ups. check this post, and compare the tv to my xbox360 lol.

That was the 52", but I got a 46" now, because the 52" gave me headaches

P.S. the W models have an update for them, check online at sony.com and see if yours applys, it should. That blu-ray player has 9 updates I think

I have 55" Sony Bravia and it definitely isn't too big, now I would go with 65+. It's amazing how much 55" has shrinked since I bought it :D.

I have 55" Sony Bravia and it definitely isn't too big, now I would go with 65+. It's amazing how much 55" has shrinked since I bought it :D.

LOL, I know what you mean...

I bought a 50" TV and a 24" computer screen (well, it's in my iMac already) and it's unbelievable how much these things shrink with time :p

Now I would easily go with a 60" TV, but mine was so damn expensive (I bought it a year and a half ago and it's a panasonic plasma 1080p, from their best lineup) so I'm not changing it anytime soon :p