Greek Riot Shots

It's in sites like the below that I must remember that when things are bad, it is about capturing the feeling and the moment to remember what happened.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/12/2...reek_riots.html

A lot to learn from in those pictures. If you're a Christian, you may like to listen to this song while browsing. If you're not a Christian, you might apreciate the style of the song.

ya i guess/hope those guys wear fire proof gear?

don't hope for them most of them are bast*** who will pull a gun against innocent people (a "policeman" murdered a 15 year old kid who was passing by - yet there were photos of policemen aiming with their guns in the riots..)

Just for the record, they wear fire proof gear and a few seconds later they extinguished him. So yeah he is ok..

ya i guess/hope those guys wear fire proof gear?

They're wearing full riot gear which is about 2-3 inches thick and fire proof and stab proof i believe.

As bad as it might sound, I actually wish I was in the same area when a Protest or Riot broke out, because I've always wanted to try my hand at PJ work, to try and capture images as these, but nothing ever happens when I'm around :(

don't hope for them most of them are bast*** who will pull a gun against innocent people (a "policeman" murdered a 15 year old kid who was passing by - yet there were photos of policemen aiming with their guns in the riots..)

I'm pretty sure you win ignorant quote of the week award...

As bad as it might sound, I actually wish I was in the same area when a Protest or Riot broke out, because I've always wanted to try my hand at PJ work, to try and capture images as these, but nothing ever happens when I'm around :(

I agree. Another photographer buddy of mine went to SF during some protests in hopes of getting good pictures. It sounds really bad, but us photogs like to capture powerful things.

I'm pretty sure you win ignorant quote of the week award...

Not really, that's why the riots happened. As with any country when police brutality happens. Letting is pass like it's ok isn't ignorant at all.

Not really, that's why the riots happened. As with any country when police brutality happens. Letting is pass like it's ok isn't ignorant at all.

How can somebody say "don't hope for them most of them are bast*** who will pull a gun against innocent people" about police officers? Yea there's bad ones out there, but there's bad everything everywhere...

I dont know, some of those are good, but the rest are just average, I have seen way better shoots than these. Maybe its just me.