Post Your iPhone Theme

Getting an iPod Touch, so hopefully I'll be able to theme it up without jailbreaking it as it's better off if I don't do it, don't want to screw it up lol.

Now why don't you guys show the themes the real way.

Part of the reason I came back from jailbreaking was because yes, that looks great, until you get one of those icons that ISNT supported by the theme. Which for most people is 2/3rds of your apps...

Not to mention, once I jailbroke, I could no longer make calls. Kinda pointless to have an iPhone without being able to use the phone feature.

There is no jailbreak for the new (2nd generation) iPod Touch.

Yes there is, but it's not worth it since you can't restore it or downgrade. Making it a disaster waiting to happen...

Part of the reason I came back from jailbreaking was because yes, that looks great, until you get one of those icons that ISNT supported by the theme. Which for most people is 2/3rds of your apps...

Not to mention, once I jailbroke, I could no longer make calls. Kinda pointless to have an iPhone without being able to use the phone feature.

Yeah it also doesn't seem worth it to jeopardize the device, to get Cydia, granted the amount of apps outnumber Apple's offerings, but Apple keeps the apps in check and makes sure they work properly on the firmware version, as far as I know, Cydia does not.

You can easily make icons for whatever applications you use. A lot of themes come with blank icon images to allow you to make your own.

Also, if you are jailbreaking using Pwnage Tool, and not unlocking, use expert mode, and make sure the "Activate the phone" box is unchecked. If it is checked, it can cause the issue of not being able to make/receive phone calls.

I have a few quick questions then. I only jailbroke the one time. I'm thinking of trying it again.

1) Say 2.3 comes out. Do I have to restore, update to 2.3 and then wait for 2.3 to be broken?

2) Can I still use the app store with my phone?

3) Any reason I SHOULDN'T JB?

Yes there is, but it's not worth it since you can't restore it or downgrade. Making it a disaster waiting to happen...

What is it, some sort of physical hardware modification?

I have a few quick questions then. I only jailbroke the one time. I'm thinking of trying it again.

1) Say 2.3 comes out. Do I have to restore, update to 2.3 and then wait for 2.3 to be broken?

2) Can I still use the app store with my phone?

3) Any reason I SHOULDN'T JB?

If 2.3 comes out, best thing to do is just wait for quickpwn to be released for that firmware, and then update your firmware, and use quickpwn to jailbreak it (assuming you don't want/need to unlock). You won't need to restore anything (except any apps installed by installer/cydia).

As to question number 2, yes you can still use the App Store.

As to 3, there are reasons you may not want to, such as not wanting the hassle of waiting for a jailbreak for each new firmware, or the possible risk of having to restore the firmware, and then restore from a backup, but really the minor risks are outweighed (at least in my case) by the benefits of jailbreaking.

Tenius. But I would like to try the OP theme if it has the option to use any wallpaper.

The OP is using Glasklart. The icons are transparent, so set whatever wallpaper you want and enable user wallpaper in WinterBoard.

I'm not sure what program he is running to make his docked icons look the way they do though.

You can easily make icons for whatever applications you use. A lot of themes come with blank icon images to allow you to make your own.

Also, if you are jailbreaking using Pwnage Tool, and not unlocking, use expert mode, and make sure the "Activate the phone" box is unchecked. If it is checked, it can cause the issue of not being able to make/receive phone calls.

Yep, but I'm so lazy, I'll just rename an icon intended for some other program to the one I want to use it for (if they resemble each other somewhat, or if the icon is really generic).

Here's my current Springboard:

post-5133-1230800124.png

post-5133-1230800133.png

post-5133-1230800140.png

ck2k01 is right

theme: Glasklart

dock: dockflow + five icon dock

use any background with "user background" option in winterboard

and usually if you vist the message board of the person who made the theme there are requests for icons not already themed

here are some more pics

lock.jpgphoto.jpg

The OP is using Glasklart. The icons are transparent, so set whatever wallpaper you want and enable user wallpaper in WinterBoard.

I'm not sure what program he is running to make his docked icons look the way they do though.

Yep, but I'm so lazy, I'll just rename an icon intended for some other program to the one I want to use it for (if they resemble each other somewhat, or if the icon is really generic).

Here's my current Springboard:

i really like this one. looks simple and clean, which is an advantage i think, especially with so many apps installed.

post-56040-1230830499.jpg

I keep my springboard squeeky clean and folder up everything in categories and QuickGold =)

1st Gen iPod Touch w/ 2.2 jailbroken FW

Very nice! What theme? And does Categories allow folders to open up like that (vertically and on top of the springboard, rather than in a separate screen) or is that some other program you are using to achieve that effect?

Ok, so I jailbroke my phone again last night. Last time I had done it was with 2.1.

I'm noticing almost anything related to the jailbreak is extremely slow. Is this normal? Cydia is a painful to use. 9/10 apps or themes I go for give me a popup claiming mismatched size.

When I touch my iPod icon, it always thinks I held the icon, preparing my icons for deletion or movement making my ipod unusable.

Ok, it's decided, i'm jail breaking when I get back to england ;)

Thing is, those themes only look good if EVERY icon uses the theme set, which is impossible given the amount of apps/new apps on the store.