Neowin Digital Gallery

Theres some great photography here, not gonna fill the place with comments on each one, so Im just gonna say excellent work guys and gals!! Plus I have a hard time criticizing these since to me there perfect in there individual ways.

Snip

Moonman I love all your photos, even though this is the first time I've replied and given feedback I still check every few days and occasionly see yours. The color is so perfect, the sharpness is great, and the overall quality is very nice. One thing I love in them is certain shots where the aperture is low enough to give the lights in the backgrounds as spots of color. Looks like (after seeing your signature) you have some top gear which is worth a lot!. @crazzy88ss Thanks!

Here are some nature ones I took a few weeks back:

3124659394_0235d79629.jpg

3124658950_476e718757.jpg

3124394312_496438a72a.jpg

3091838497_1450d7664d.jpg

Moonman I love all your photos, even though this is the first time I've replied and given feedback I still check every few days and occasionly see yours. The color is so perfect, the sharpness is great, and the overall quality is very nice. One thing I love in them is certain shots where the aperture is low enough to give the lights in the backgrounds as spots of color. Looks like (after seeing your signature) you have some top gear which is worth a lot!. @crazzy88ss Thanks!.........

Thx, ur waterscape pics on the previous page are really nice as well! on this page i like the close up head on shot of the fly. add me to flickr ;)

How did you take a picture of a fly?! I have a hard enough time trying to get my new black lab to sit still long enough for a picture, I get blurry tongue every time lol I can't imagine trying to take a picture of a fly :laugh:

~Snip~

Great photos and great use of fast shutter.

Thanks everyone, the lens I use is a Tamron 90mm Macro with a set of kenko extension tubes (Kenko 12, 20 and 36mm extension tubes). To get the natural look in the photo of the fly, I had to bump the ISO up high, use a shutter of around 1/160th with a F/4. Flash was used to get a little more light so I turned the power on the Canon Speedlite 430EX II down to -3. @moonman, can you link me to your flickr :)

This is the minimum focal length with the Extension tubes

3089571760_930a2943d3.jpg

Edited by MrChuang

Is it alive? If not, how do you get them to stay still and put them where you want?

Yep they are still alive. Basically seeing as it is summer here in Australia we have heaps of flies outside which are annoying as hell. I just creep up to them and some stay still for a long time

3201613436_64e65cc4b2.jpg

Click the picture above to a link to the CBC story that used my picture :) Yay! I didn't get a penny though, I took the picture more to show my coworkers why I was going to work from home today and then decided what the heck, submit it to the news. Not very good composition :p

3200798581_358ef576b5_b.jpg