Favorite new hotkeys

I am not certain if these are new (probably not)

Win+E - Libraries

Win+U - Accessibility

Win+D - Desktop

Win+F - Search

Win+L - Lock

Win+B - Unknown

Win+M - Seems to minimize

Win+Number - Seems to start a new instance of the window, according to the superbar position.

Win+B seems to have to do with the show hidden icons on the taskbar icon. (Where the tray icons are hidden)

Must say that Win+Up/Down/Left/Right are the most useful hotkeys added to Windows in some time. As others have pointed out, these are hot-keys that should have been added back in the Windows 95 days. I also like Win+F. It's not new, but I just love how I can press it, type something and my system will instantly be searched. It is, however, more useful in Windows 7 now that it features auto-complete history, saving my recently searched keywords.

does shaking the window to minimize every other window count? :p

That isn't a hotkey ;) Thanks Brandon Live for list. These two hot keys are my favorite and are time saver for me

Win+Space Peek at the desktop

Middle-click on icon Open a new instance

I hate hotkeys.... Too much crap to remember... :p.... Plus, I lay on my back w/my head on my pillow, laptop resting on my stomach most of the time..... not conducive to using hotkeys.

win+left/right are my favorite so far.....using dual monitors its almost impossible to dock a window on the right of my left monitor or the left of my right monitor......every now and then, what seemed like a temporary bug would let me do it, but without win+left/right its practically impossible to do it when you want to.

Thanks for the shortcuts, makes it so much easier being able to compare code side by side like that vs using both monitors with the app full screen.

Brandon if its possible to add stuff something can we get a hot key to make all windows of current application transparent and the foreground window transparent?

Or if its not possible to get that anyway to find out the W32 APIs used for Aero Peek?

While I was typing this post, this idea came up:

Would it be possible to get a hotkey for "Close all windows?"

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using a lot of the two hot keys to move files between my laptop and portable drivers.

Win+Left

Win+Right

Suggestion:

I have one suggestion for the Win++ (for zooming). The response of this hot key should be instantaneous or close to it. I tried the hot key, but I didn't see anything "happening" for about 7-10 seconds. So I thought to myself, "Did I do that correctly?" So I pressed the hotkey again, and then all of a sudden the magnifier application pops up.

The magnifying feature should be a background process or something like that waiting for the user to press the hotkey, so that the zooming effect starts almost immediately. I am sure some users will press the combinations two or three times before realizing that the magnifier program is loading.

Maybe offer the option of interpolation in the settings? The magnification is very pixelated. I know this consumes a lot more processing usage, but it would be nice to have it as an option.

Great list. I really like the Win-L/R combination (and dual friendly shift option).

Did they add a 'Create Folder' hotkey yet? Common, Win-N isn't doing anything. (Though I'd prefer not to have to take my hand off the mouse :) )

Is their a shortcut for Show Desktop and Restore Windows?

I know their is Win + space for the pseudo-show desktop, but I can't fidn any to restore the desktop once you have minimized ALL windows.

Thanks