Steve Jobs Steps down from running day to day operations at Apple..

Good luck to the old chap - he looks like he needs time out and hopefully he will be back stronger than ever (and thats from someone who owns an iPod and thats it, so not a fanboy :))

Health before wealth, without the second you can't have the first :)

Good luck to the old chap - he looks like he needs time out and hopefully he will be back stronger than ever (and thats from someone who owns an iPod and thats it, so not a fanboy :))

Health before wealth, without the second you can't have the first :)

not to be overly negative here but you do know he wont totally recover from the kind of cancer he had right ? both him and swayze life will be shortened quite a bit !

not to be overly negative here but you do know he wont totally recover from the kind of cancer he had right ? both him and swayze life will be shortened quite a bit !

:o omg we have a doctor in the house.

I have found my fingers click funny sometimes and when I extend my middle finger like this ....

:o omg we have a doctor in the house.

I have found my fingers click funny sometimes and when I extend my middle finger like this ....

no, it's a fact and im no doctor but webmd does come in quite handy !

you guys act like he's a god or something, like any human he is really sick and could die. i hope he doesn't but it's a fact of life.

no, it's a fact and im no doctor but webmd does come in quite handy !

you guys act like he's a god or something, like any human he is really sick and could die. i hope he doesn't but it's a fact of life.

He IS god. He changed my whole life. Stop being so ignorant! :rolleyes:

But seriously, I hope he get well soon.

Oh there will be one. Rest assured.

What will be the building material? iBricks? Will it be next to the Bill Gates and Michael Dell shrines?

What will be the building material? iBricks? Will it be next to the Bill Gates and Michael Dell shrines?

Well knowing the commitment of the die-hard mac faithful, and Silicon Valley's unending love affair with Steve Jobs, someone will put the idea out there and get all kinds of funding for it.

I would argue Steve Jobs had more of an impact on the direction of personal computing then Bill Gates even though ultimately Microsoft has been more successful. And this comes from some one who has never ever bought any Apple product. If you look at the history Graphic User Interface and the mouse were first made popular by Apple.

I would argue Steve Jobs had more of an impact on the direction of personal computing then Bill Gates even though ultimately Microsoft has been more successful. And this comes from some one who has never ever bought any Apple product. If you look at the history Graphic User Interface and the mouse were first made popular by Apple.

UH...wasn't the first mouse made by xerox?

And I would argue that Gordon Moore and Gary Kildall had much more of an impact on the direction of personal computing than Steve Jobs.

Uh yes But I didn't say they invented the technology nor did I say they invented the GUI I said they made it popular.

Apple might not invent it, but you can bet they'd do it right.

Apple might not invent it, but you can bet they'd do it right.

For doing it right, though, you'd think they'd have been quicker than 21 years to release an official two-button mouse.

Yes, and they thought it would never take off, disowned it.

No, that's not correct. It was the PARC Place division of Xerox in Silicon Valley that invented the GUI, around 1971 by most accounts. To say that they "disowned" it is a complete falsehood. It was the corporate executives in New York who didn't understand the value of the GUI. The PARC Place employees tried everything to convince them otherwise, but were never successful.

Steve Jobs was invited to visit PARC Place in 1979 and that's when he saw the GUI demonstration, and realized it was the way forward. As with most other billionaires, it was really little more than luck. Had a similar enthusiast with their own company been invited first, who know what would have happened.

And I would argue that Gordon Moore and Gary Kildall had much more of an impact on the direction of personal computing than Steve Jobs.

They both did have an impact but I think it was Steve Jobs & apple who first pushed the computer into the mass market. Ultimately they lost out to Microsoft. I personally think that without graphic user interface computers would not be as popular as they are today.