5D Mark II Ordered :D

Nice, congrats. My dad has been dropping hints that he wants one - too bad he's already got a really nice Canon DSLR (can't remember which one), and no one wants to drop the money on a 5D MkII.

I was looking at the shots timdorr posted from his compared to his XTi, the light performance is like night and day. It almost makes me want one.

Congrats saxondale! I bet that wasn't cheap?! Did you order just the body or the kit lens package?!

Looking forward to seeing some pictures! I really really want one but I can't warrant the price for what I use my camera for! If I had more spare time to go out a shoot and take the hobby further I could, but it's a hella big price tag!

Ha, it definitely wasn't cheap but i still managed to get a good deal on the body. I'll be getting it on Tuesday and i'll be sure to post some pictures once i get out shooting.

OneStop-Digital have the Canon 5D Mk II availble in both Body Only and Body+Lens.

The body only is ?2,078.99 which I think is a good price, then for Body + Lens your looking at over an extra ?600 at ?2,762.54.

I honestly wish I had a couple of grand sitting around as I would love to get my hands on one of these!

Just had to send my Mk II off for repairs. Half way through a commissioned shoot and it died. Le Sigh.

:(

Hopefully it won't happen to mine.

Yeah, I have noticed apparent QC issues with the 5D MKII on the internets. It might be due to the fact that people are more likely to make noise when it breaks than when it works, but who knows. I can't afford one for a good few months, so hopefully they'll be just fine by then.