[Official] Flower - PSN title - Released!

By the Way its out now in UK, downloading, will play tonight.

vadernoooooooooooo.gif

I'm stuck in Uni until around 5. Thats an early UK store update for sure, is anything else new up or just Flower?

By the way, for such a different title, good reviews all round so far - http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/flower

Another 2 direct feed captures as well - http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7538_en.html

Edited by Audioboxer

Damn! It's lovely.

I seriously feel so calm playing this game, it's where I'm going every time after a discussion on NW :laugh:

Seriously though, just completed the first level. The whole package has great production levels, from the great graphics and sound (5.1 baby!), to menu layout and control decisions. Sixaxis redeemed! If you have a good sound system, crank up the volume, seriously!

Also, If anyone ever complains about grey/brown FPS games, this game is one of the most colourful things around. I love not pressing a button to move and just letting the camera pan around your petals from sixaxis movement.

Edited by Audioboxer

Just completed the game, the last level was absolutely amazing and the credits! Best purchase on PSN so far. Damn thatgamecompany are going to do awesome things.

:o

Just completed the game, the last level was absolutely amazing and the credits! Best purchase on PSN so far. Damn thatgamecompany are going to do awesome things.

:o

sounds quite short, how many levels are there?

sounds quite short, how many levels are there?

Must have taken me about 2.5-3 hours to complete. I only have 38% of the trophies.

For the trophy ######, how to get all the hidden petals

Level 1 - Yellow Flower

1; In the first area collect all the outlying white flowers to make the hidden flower appear

2; In the second area once again collect all the outlying white flowers

3; The 3rd hidden flower is behind the tree in the final area

Level 2 - Red Flower

1; In the first area collect all the orange & red flowers in the valley between the two ring of stones

2; In the second area once the yellow & white flowers have appeared collect the group of yellow flowers that appear near where you entered this area

3; The 3rd hidden flower is located to the left of the first set of standing stones in a small obscured valley in the 3rd area

Level 3 - Pink Flower

1; In the first area collect all the blue flowers near the 3 small fans, then collect all the yellow flowers in the small valleys with jump rocks in them

2; inside the caves, somewhere along the right side.

3; Near the end of the fast valley section, hidden behind a small outcrop of rock

Level 4 - Blue Flower

1; At the beginning of the stage, you can find 2 "straw rolls" (excuse my english) in a corner of the map, it's behind one of those

2; Broken/abandonned cartwheel, light it up

3; Light up one of the two ponds to make it appear

Level 5 - Purple Flower

1; In the first section, there's a little hidden valley off to the left of all the twisted ruins.

2; Second section with all the tall electrical towers, there's a tower towards the left that falls once you get some flowers in the area from the top of the little ramps. It shows up then where it falls.

3; In the canyons before the end gauntlet, it's in a corner somewhere. You need to open a few colored flowers before it appears.

Level 6 - Light Pink Flower

1; In the skyscraper, halfway up, in the second section. It helps to go through the hole on the roof to see it.

2; Under the exit ramp on the bridge. Get onto the highway and loop around and take the right most exit and continue.

3; Behind an air vent right before the end section.

Major spoilers above, don't highlight unless you've completed the game once. I mean that, the game's not as simple as you think on the storyline side of things ;)

Edited by Audioboxer

audio is that supposed to be hidden?

Uh, yes?

Did you not read my post properly or something? It has spoilers so I've hidden the answers.

Looking forward to checking this out later tonight. No doubt.

Looking forward to hearing what you think! I was left thinking "that's not exactly what I expected" ;) Really enjoyed the experience but. It's not even comparable to flow, much more substantial.

Don't believe any other Neowinians have bought/completed it yet, so I'm patiently waiting on more opinions from our board! Lot's of other good words across other gaming boards though.

I'm away to get 100% on the trophies now :)

Looking forward to hearing what you think! I was left thinking "that's not exactly what I expected" ;) Really enjoyed the experience but. It's not even comparable to flow, much more substantial.

Don't believe any other Neowinians have bought/completed it yet, so I'm patiently waiting on more opinions from our board! Lot's of other good words across other gaming boards though.

I've bought it... Just waiting for it to download :p BT suck :@

I've bought it... Just waiting for it to download :p BT suck :@

Just remember to crank the volume up if you have surround sound :p Or I'd say wear headphones if not, if you can.

Visual AND audio are important parts of this one (Y)

Cool, I would be checking it out right now if I could, but I am not sure when I will have it. A friend is buying it and hooking me up with the download as I hooked him up when he first got his PS3, and he will not be home until later, so hoping it is definitely tonight at some point. I was completely willing and ready to buy it on my own, but hell, very cool of him, so I can wait a bit.

Cool, I would be checking it out right now if I could, but I am not sure when I will have it. A friend is buying it and hooking me up with the download as I hooked him up when he first got his PS3, and he will not be home until later, so hoping it is definitely tonight at some point. I was completely willing and ready to buy it on my own, but hell, very cool of him, so I can wait a bit.

Awesome (Y)

You should have a good experience, I know you have a big TV set [is it 50"?] and a surround sound system. Even although it's a downloadable game, I really think it has some impressive tech going on. Looks really great.

Native 1080p, locked at 30FPS I believe.

edit: By the way, above with the trophies part to do with petals, I have my level numbers and flower colours mixed up - When you're reading it though, you'll catch on easily enough (I can't edit it now).

I'm really glad that there are developers that are making games like fl0w, Flower, Eden. They are amazing, different and the experience is different from your typical games. I'm glad I got these games and I'll keep supporting these developers.

I have just played two level but visuals and music are amazing, really inspiring, and super nice use of the sixaxis. Now to play more Flower. Got my Healthy Play trophy while I wrote this and checked somethings w00t :D :p

I completed it last night, that was quite epic credits XD

Getting a trophy for doing the credits, that's just lush :p

I must say, I did prefer the first level over the dark pre-city levels, and it took quite a while to get used to moving by tilting the controller. All in all though, it's a really good game, and cheap too.

Replay value might be low for those who aren't complete trophy ######, but the first level is worth it for the relaxing factor.

I completed it last night, that was quite epic credits XD

Getting a trophy for doing the credits, that's just lush :p

I must say, I did prefer the first level over the dark pre-city levels, and it took quite a while to get used to moving by tilting the controller. All in all though, it's a really good game, and cheap too.

Replay value might be low for those who aren't complete trophy ######, but the first level is worth it for the relaxing factor.

Dude spoilers!! :pinch: