ok, dude, u ppl no nuffin about getting stuff done, this is how you should do it

walk in, at the BUSIEST time of day, find sum1 to talk to, preferably where the most customers are (so they can hear you) start out calm, if they dont give it to ya for free, coz u got warrenty dont ya, raise ur tone a little "look, i paid for this, i STILL have warrenty, FIX IT", if they are really stubborn then start yelling "LOOK I #%$^ing PAID MY GOOD #*$^ing MONEY FOR THIS PILE OF ^&$# [lets just pretend the rest is in caps, the mods mite get angry] then make it noted that the sony minidiscs are really bad and stuff (make sure ur standing near the mini disc area)"

if they still dont let ya get it fixed for free, or cheap...

get some older lady you know, preferably with the nice lil old lady stereotype that no1 wants to hurt, and get her to go in there and ask (in the really innocent ignorant tone) "excuse me young man, could you fix this for me *hands over warrenty papers*" if he sez no, get her to flutter her eyelids and make up sum story about her pension being stolen or sumfin, then if they still fail to do anything, make her cry and sob, drawing attention to her and the person serving her,

the second method usually works, one of my friends aunts got a few free trips to tropicaly islands and other pricy destinations by crying, becoz on air planes they always keep spare seats just incase, she was given one of them :D

good luk, if all else fails................. :devil: :devil: :angry: :angry: :devil: :devil: im sure you can think of a constructive use for fertilizer and petrol :p :p :p :D :bounce:

I was actually talking to Sony this morning about my gf's MD. You should be able to get it fixed at your local sony service centre, but failing that, Sony operate a central repair centre at Heathrow which is run by them directly, rather than being a franchise. The contact details are:

Sony Service Centre

Unit 2

Heathrow Summit Centre

West Drayton

Middlesex

UB7 0SU

+44 (0)20 8283 2700

hmm, hey, u culd always get a whole bunch of ur friends to occupy the shop while u do the oldy lady thing, adn then for extra effect, have them dress up as homies and get them to confort the old lady and make the stores person feel real bad :devil: HAHA

they were very good actually, took me no time at all to get connected, after waiting for the "press 1..."

finally i pressed 5, and immediately, "welcome to sony customer support, how may i help"... <impressed>

hmm maybe i should make this a bit clearer... I took it to Dixons, they told me that SONY would charge me ?80, not them directly. Apparently i can take it to any sony dealer and they will make it to sony centre for me free...weird....

???

tom

just remember, you're getting your information from DIXONS :rolleyes:: they know absolutely jack sh*t, the dixons in Bromley always sends people to our shop for stuff that we dont have/Sony dont make (personal DAB radios for one, Sony only make a top-end model)

Dixons think Sony Centres are owned by Sony, which is wrong. You're gonna have to go back thru askdirect i'm afraid...

ok, dude, u ppl no nuffin about getting stuff done, this is how you should do it

walk in, at the BUSIEST time of day, find sum1 to talk to, preferably where the most customers are (so they can hear you) start out calm, if they dont give it to ya for free, coz u got warrenty dont ya, raise ur tone a little "look, i paid for this, i STILL have warrenty, FIX IT", if they are really stubborn then start yelling "LOOK I #%$^ing PAID MY GOOD #*$^ing MONEY FOR THIS PILE OF ^&$# [lets just pretend the rest is in caps, the mods mite get angry] then make it noted that the sony minidiscs are really bad and stuff (make sure ur standing near the mini disc area)"

Sorry dude wont get you anywhere, unless you bought the item in the shop you're shouting in, its not going to get you anywhere. Supaelectrics, Shasonic, they're just as much part of Sony as any Sony Centre, would you go into one of those shops and shout at them for your Sony MD not working when u didnt buy it there?

Remember, you can get it fixed for free, but you ARE going to have to go through AskDirect

i may not be able to get it for free, as it seems i have DROPPED it. Even tho the fault occurred before it fell, i doubt sony would believe me.

I may be able to get it on my house insurance tho :)

tom

i may not be able to get it for free, as it seems i have DROPPED it. Even tho the fault occurred before it fell, i doubt sony would believe me.

I may be able to get it on my house insurance tho :)

tom

Dont TELL them you dropped it, and it'll be repaired for free ;) Did you take out any additional warranty on it? Covering accidental damage for example?

no, of course im not going to tell them i dropped it...but...its pretty obvious seeing as i have duck tape to the side of it (to keep the battery in place). the recording fault happened b4 the fall though, but i doubt sony would believe me, thats why im cautious of sending it off, in case i get a huge bill back in the post...

tom

no, of course im not going to tell them i dropped it...but...its pretty obvious seeing as i have duck tape to the side of it (to keep the battery in place). the recording fault happened b4 the fall though, but i doubt sony would believe me, thats why im cautious of sending it off, in case i get a huge bill back in the post...

tom

at the very least you should send it back and if they refuse to repair it for free (just remove the duct tape!) then they should offer you an estimate before any work is carried out. remember, as far as they know, when you send it back you're not expecting to pay for it, so they will contact you if theres a problem