Official 3DMark Scores Database

Neowin Username: Jakesnake3037

CPU: Athlon 64 X2 4850e @ 2800 MHz (224 x 12.5)

Processor Heatsink: stock

Motherboard: MSI DKA790GX

RAM: 2x2GB A-DATA DDR2-800 5-5-5-18

Video Card: PALIT 9600GT 1GB SONIC @ 700/1750/1000 FACTORY OC

3DMark06 Score: 9192

3DVantage Score: P4204 - GPU: 4180 - CPU: 4278

post-132782-1235089499_thumb.png

Were you unable to run the H test? As well what model is your RAM? Is it the A-DATA Value Series as well?

Edited by shift.

If in fact those that are running the trial version are limited to only the PERFORMANCE preset I can change the requirements such that only the PERFORMANCE setting is required. If someone running the trial version please let me know if that's the case.

It would require those that did the benchmark using HIGH to redo theirs though.

I am noticing that A LOT of people are not including ALL the information in the format I have requested. For the future, those that have not provided adequate information will not be posted. I will send you a PM if any information needs to be added.

Things such as Brand + model of RAM have bearing on what your score may be. And for an accurate database I need information as adequate as possible. Not necessarily down to the MHz, but at least get your brand + models correct.

Edited by shift.

Sorry for another post, but I've changed the rules for 3DMark Vantage to be run under PERFORMANCE. Since most people seem to be running that anyway.

One little thing i noticed that i should point out is that you typoed Lyric's gpu on the database image. It's a 9600gso. There's no such thing as a 9800gso.

Yes, my monitor doesn't support that resolution. Yes on the RAM.

Were you unable to run the H test? As well what model is your RAM? Is it the A-DATA Value Series as well?

Hey Shift,

Im not sure what you meant in your last PM, my vantage screenshot clearly shows all four (2GPU + 2 CPU) tests it would not give you a score had it not run all the basic tests, ive not run the feature tests because they dont alter the score and just take time. Also this screenshot is on High not performance as I didnt see your changes, but nothing has changed so you can leave the score as it stands or I can run it again if you want, just let me know. Also I realised my RAM is running 510Mhz not 500 and timings are 5-5-5-18 (seems my memory is getting bad in my old age :s). Hope thats ok

Hawker

post-252282-1235161804_thumb.jpg

Ah okay, cause I noticed you didn't have any score for your feature tests. Didn't know they don't alter the score.

I dont think you can even do them on the most basic license, certainly not on a free copy, even on 3dmark 06 you could ignore the feature tests :). Oh any my RAM is G.Skill PQ stuff, i dont think it has a proper name as far as im aware.

Hawker

Yup, I found out why I thought your score was so abnormally (which is not so abnormal anymore) high you're running 4850's in CF. I misread your post and put it as only 1x4850 :p

Will update when I get home, posting from school right now.

here is my performance score for Vantage

Hey Obi Wong,

At some point when you get the time could you run it without PhysX enabled, Im curious how much of a difference that would make (no need for a screenshot Ill believe what you write down :)).

Thanks.

Hawker

I'ts about 1000 points. I think someone was able to install PhysX for NVIDIA on an ATI card (or at least the drivers for it? not sure what he did) but he got PhysX enabled and got ~1000 point Performance test boost.

EDIT: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-physx-ati,5764.html

Here's the link.

I'm not sure, the difference in the article was 1000, actually even less than that P4262 with PhysX and P3800 without.

Going to check out how I can get this enabled on my HD 4870.

EDIT: Looks like not yet as far as I know, someone had modded drivers for ATI 3800 series, not not for 4800 series yet and there's no estimated time at which PhysX drivers for ATI 4800 series will be provided.

Obi Wong, i'm curious as to why your CPU score was 36,000 in the first test, but now 7,6xx in the 2nd? somethings is wrong for your score to drop 28k points

The reason is he had physX enabled initially so the program was using his graphics card to run the CPU tests as well, which boosts the performance figures.

I guess the difference in points is related to the power of the graphics card being used, more points for more power crunching the numbers and Obi Wongs 280 is a meaty GPU :)

Hawker