News Comment Moderator, CalumJR

Please welcome CalumJR to the Neowin Moderator team. He will be assigned specifically to moderating news comments. He is a welcomed addition to our staff and should help keep things nice and civil in our front page discussions.

Please be sure to help him out by utilizing the comment reporting function comments_report.gif when ever you see something you think is in violation of our Community Rules.

Thanks!

Good luck. (Y)

It's about time we get some cleanup on news comments; moderation there used to be a lot more lax than the forums.

My aim is to prevent inappropriate comments being posted

Well that involve some kind of time travel device? :unsure: Cos I've seen that movie, it just got confusing. :(

Well that involve some kind of time travel device? :unsure: Cos I've seen that movie, it just got confusing. :(

:laugh:

Ah, no no. I have other ways to prevent them ;) It's just a bunch of things, really. I'm thinking if some users see my moderation in the news comments, they will begin to know what we do not tolerate here and learn for next time; hence, preventing inappropriate comments from them in future. The same applies if I advise a user that any of their comments have been inappropriate; after revising the rules, I would hope they would learn for next time and this would prevent inappropriate comments from them in the future. Finally, by having the rules in my signature and just promoting the rules as much as possible, I would hope more users would become aware of them and realise the types of news comment we tolerate/appreciate.

I will try my best and let's just say, if a user continually breaks the rules, they will not be welcome here :)

I'll be the only one time traveling around here, understood?

Gotcha! (Y) ;) :D (that was my plan B, ya see... :whistle:)

Edited by CalumJR

• 3 weeks later...

So what is it you need to join the club of funny hand shakes and silly walks?

I am an admin at another site b.t.w.

I asked this as I see some people that joined not-so-long-ago suddenly having privileges.

I asked this as I see some people that joined not-so-long-ago suddenly having privileges.

There is nothing you can do as such. When we need staff, we generally have an idea of members we have noticed that we believe would make good staffers. Be a good member, be helpful, be courteous, stick to the rules, and we might notice you. But there are no guarantees.

There is nothing you can do as such. When we need staff, we generally have an idea of members we have noticed that we believe would make good staffers. Be a good member, be helpful, be courteous, stick to the rules, and we might notice you. But there are no guarantees.

Also, another thing that may help you, leesmithg -

Don't post such off-topic questions in my welcome thread...

Just kidding :p :p :p

• 1 month later...

Was there no policy stating you are not allowed to have connections with a site covering the same aspects?

Congrats Calum...

...but someone needs to be a newswriter moderator to clean up some of the poorly written articles as of late