ABC's Castle

I generally hate the whole shaky cam docu soap idea

So do I but it wasn't too bad. I just wish such film crews were locked more often in closets as Beckett did at the end!

I know why they think shaky filming looks effective but imo it spoils practically every film/show that its used - it very nearly ruined the Bourne films for me. It doesn't convey action to me - it just means they couldn't afford Steadicam after the actors fees.

So becket correctly pointed out that you don't need money to make a call to 911 from a street phone, but neither realized that you can make calls to emergency numbers on a smartphone no matter the screen lock? it says emergency call RIGHT THERE!!!

This is borderline irresponsible on the writer's part. Even back in the day, I think some phones would even react to a 911/112 dial when turned off.

• 2 weeks later...

pj76qbgb.jpg

Another shiny Firefly reunion is headed Castle?s way.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Gina Torres, who played Zoe to Nathan Fillion?s Mal on the short-lived, much-loved Fox sci-fi series, will guest-star on the ABC drama as Samantha Foster, a successful fashion mogul who comes off as ruthless and fierce on a Real Housewives-esque reality show. But get this ? she may be even more devious when the cameras aren?t rolling.

Torres will appear in this season?s 14th episode, ?Reality Star Struck,? which would seem poised to air during February sweeps. (Castle resumes Season 5 on Jan. 7, with the episode ?Significant Others.?) Previously, Firefly?s Adam Baldwin guested on Castle, in an April 2012 episode.

Since her time aboard the Serenity, Torres has enjoyed runs on series such as 24 and Alias. She currently costars on USA Network?s Suits as Jessica Pearson.

Source

Is it just me or does it look like Castle finally lost some weight in the newest episode? He really is/was getting too fat.

• 2 months later...

Time to get on the phone to Liam Neeson.

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you."

Time to get on the phone to Liam Neeson.

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you."

I was honestly expecting Liam Neeson to be his father LMAO that would have been epic.

• 2 months later...

'Castle' to be renewed with a rare two-season pick-up

castle-to-be-renewed-with-a-rare-two-season-pick-up.jpg

Fans of the ABC series 'Castle' rejoice!

While there was never any doubt that the police dramedy would return for a sixth season, Deadline is reporting that ABC is giving 'Castle' a rare two-season pick-up which will ensure the series survives until at least the close of season seven.

This is quite a change of pace for the ABC series which spent its first two seasons on the proverbial chopping block, constantly unaware and uncertain of its future. Now, 'Castle' has more than proven itself over a five-season span, having built a loyal fan following. The series stars fan favorite Nathan Fillion ('Buffy the Vampire Slayer,' 'Firefly,' 'Desperate Housewives'), a man who is a staple of comic book conventions and nerd-culture appearances. Fillion's role as Richard Castle is by far his longest-standing role to date--here's hoping that by the end of season seven he'll be referred to as "the guy from 'Castle'" instead of 'the guy from 'Firefly,'" a series that lasted a single season.

A far cry from the tenuous survival of its first two seasons, 'Castle's fifth season is now ranked as ABC's #1 ranked drama series in primetime. This is partly thanks to the lead-in of the hit reality competition 'Dancing with the Stars,' however it is a testament to the quality of 'Castle' that the viewers choose to tune in week in and week out.

'Castle' is about a mystery novelist who becomes a liason to the NYPD after a serial killer begins claiming victims by following the plots of Richard Castle's novels. The season finale of the fifth season of 'Castle' will be airing soon on ABC.

Source: http://www.tvrage.co...-season-pick-up

l6GWZE6.gif

I LOVE Castle, even if it has gone a bit silly.

I wonder if that means they are giving it 2 years to close out, or they are just giving it two seasons because its popular.

I LOVE Castle, even if it has gone a bit silly.

I wonder if that means they are giving it 2 years to close out, or they are just giving it two seasons because its popular.

I love the show as well, and very happy it's going to continue.

I believe it's a bit of both. The show is very popular so they want to keep it going on the other hand they will get to season 7 which maybe be enough for a show like this.

Yeah, I think the show might not work if it goes too long but on the other hand it might be fine if they do some new and good overarching plots for the seasons like they had before with trying to find her mothers killer etc.

This is a show I gave up this year because it got silly and very samey but its good to see a network have so much faith in a show

So the season ended with Castle proposing to Kate (Effectively begging/forcing her not to go to Washington to take the new Government job)

So the season ended with Castle proposing to Kate (Effectively begging/forcing her not to go to Washington to take the new Government job)

Quite the cliffhanger. I kept thinking throughout the episode though, "Why doesn't Castle just move to D.C. with Kate?" It's not like he'd be abandoning his family; Martha's got her acting school (and she could probably stay in Castle's apartment), and Alexis is living and studying at Columbia University.

He's not forcing her to stay by doing this, he says specifically that regardless of what she picks that he wants more. If she says yes then he could move with her to DC in the end.